When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Patek basic calatrava or Gondola

p550racer

Who makes a high quality basic stainless steel mechanical hand wind Patek calatrava or Gondola, with saphire crystal & a solid (non display) case back? A basic 5119 the 39mm calatrava or a 31 x 47mm Gondola with white face, minutes, hours & seconds.

These are such simple watches but I cannot find any replicas.

Thanks for your help.

Best regards,

Sam

Thanks R,

Every year I go searching for the basic stainless calatrava and after doing a lot of research, I only get disaponted. Such a simple watch but even with out bieng over critical, there is always some obvious flaw. It almost seems delibrate.

Any way did the same this year and went to all the approved sites, including watcheden.com.

So here is the quetion does any one has/makes the calatrava watch below, but in polished stainless rather than gold, with hand wind manual mvmt, in case size 36mm to 38mm and with solid closed back (not display)

http://www.watcheden.com/patek-philippe-calatrava-manual-winding-rose-gold-casing-with-white-dial-i-12684-p-1.html

If so, I will be willing to pay upto $200 rather than the $95 to $105.

Any body?

Regards,

Sam

I feel your pain mate, as I've been through all the reputable sites I know in order to find a well replicated, simple and stylish dress watch. Unfortunately none such appear to exist. The bling and the brash gets replicated very well, but try to find a Calatrava, a Patrimony or a Master Control and you're fresh outta luck. Either they look totally wrong, or they just look plain bad.

Best of luck though - and if you do find one after all I'd be grateful if you'd give me a holler or report back in the thread, as I'd love to get my hands on one as well.

http://www.watcheden.com/patek-philippe-calatrava-manual-winding-with-white-dial-i-10136-p-1.html

I have one of these it was 2nd rep purchase, they really are a very good watch and I don't think the display back is an issue.

These are quite large faced watches but so very thin. Very stealth wealthy.

I woukd suggest trying on of these, mines on a black strap and even that's good quality. Seriously for $100 you aint got much to loose.

Just my opinion

ST4