When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PAM111Hike......my personal version!

hiker01

Here's my third foray into the watch building/assembling hobby of ours!I spent Sunday night building this.....the new PAM111Hike!

All watch parts came from getat-watch.com except for the dial (got it from one of our members here!).

Goal is to build a new PAM REP as an all around weekend beater.....and this is how it came out......

BTW: all these shots were taken with natural light and camera set to Aperture Priority and ISO1600....these new DSLR are blowing

me away.....hardly any noise at all on all my shots......Amazing! Enough rumbling:

pam111hike1.jpg

pam111hikebak.jpg

rainonweb3.jpg

rainonweb2.jpg

rainonweb.jpg

with it's twin:

twins1p.jpg

twinsg.jpg

and the wristie:

pam111hike2.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Hike

Thanks everyone who had commented! I appreciate all the inputs!

Nicely done Hike :thumbsupsmileyanim:

What is your impression of those cases as compared the the usual fare :g:

Hey dluddy! Read below!~

Did you happen to snap some photos of the build process? Would love to see them!

Red......sorry Dude! I find it distracting taking shots while I'm working on these babies! I'm not like

TJ who's ambidextrous! :rofl::victory:

I believe a lot have been posted already by our more experienced Builders/modders! But experienced wise

during this build:

- it was a pain (always is for me) putting in the second hand!!! :black_eye::yuk:

- I popped the keyless works twice..... :lol: , too excited I guess, but you get better the more you do the repair!

- It took me two cuts of the stem to get the perfect length!

Anyho.....an update, and to update some questions:

- Case is comparable to the ones used by our dealers here!The crown guard and lever are pretty solid! I could say

that it's actually better than some of the usual cheaper PAMs around!

Now the sad/frustrating part:

- I just came back from my watchsmith to have it waterresistance tested and the sucker failed at 1ATM! :bangin:

That's a bummer! Now I can't even shower with it....it fogs up by just running it under the faucet!

- Watchsmith and I think its the crystal gasket, so we popped it, and lo and behold, it was kinked! :thumbdown:

This is what I'm tokin 'bout:

h2opam111c.jpg

h2opam111b.jpg

h2opam111.jpg

h2opam111a.jpg

Now I gotta send it back (the case)! Jezzzzzzzz! It's like having sax and then withdraw at the last moment! That

kind of feeling! :bangin:

Well, I'll let you guys know how this one turns out! The other two cases I got from them were fine in the water

torture test!

Sorry to hear about the flooding... Could you not epoxy the crystal into place rather than returning it? I wouldn't like to say what kind of depth rating you might achieve, but the crystal on my vintage sub is epoxied in place, and that stands up to both the faucet on full force, and strong swimming, so maybe worth a try? :good:

Sorry to hear about the flooding... Could you not epoxy the crystal into place rather than returning it? I wouldn't like to say what kind of depth rating you might achieve, but the crystal on my vintage sub is epoxied in place, and that stands up to both the faucet on full force, and strong swimming, so maybe worth a try? :good:

I was thinking about! I have a bottle, but I think I should get a waterproof one! I think Loctite makes one!

Thanks! :thumbsupsmileyanim: