When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Need a Franken 1675 repaired, and a 1500 Franken built

LIBBY!

My 2 yo daughter knocked my cherished 1675 Franken replica off the table last week, and it needs to be fixed. I also have 98% of the parts for a Rolex 1500 Franken replica ready to go for assembly. I don't want to bring them to my trusty local jewler, he didn't want to work on them as they are not legit..

Anyone in the USA (NYC area) repair/build replica watches?

Edited by LIBBY!

Libby is back! How ya doin?? Long time no see!

Anyone have a reference for her?

And I'm a guy, so a reference for HIM would be helpful! :whistling:

:lol:

Don't take it personally Libby, Not the first time Nanuq's made that "mistake" I'm sure, you know these remote country folk :winkiss: *banjo twanging*

Can't help you with a NYC contact, but what exactly is the damage on your GMT, maybe we can help anyway?

The movement assembly is loose, disconnected from the stem, and the bezel popped off.

All I need for the 1500 is a spacer for the movement and a datewheel.

Jonny (Saabin) has helped me out in the past, but I lost contact with him (hope he is OK!) a while ago..

Here was the thread when I first got the GMT

Jonny (Saabin) has helped me out in the past, but I lost contact with him (hope he is OK!) a while ago..

Saabin's long gone unfortunately, a big loss IMO. Recall he popped his head round the door a couple of years ago out of the blue, but then crawled back under his autoparts machine shop rock where he'd been hiding, never to return since. I had some contact details for him somewhere but that would at least one HD generation ago so somewhere floating about my backup system.

The bezel should be an easy DIY reaffix unless you've warped or damaged it, but the movt I'd get professionally looked at. Don't see why you couldn't decase it and get your jeweller to look at it, it's gen movt I take it?

Saabin's long gone unfortunately, a big loss IMO. Recall he popped his head round the door a couple of years ago out of the blue, but then crawled back under his autoparts machine shop rock where he'd been hiding, never to return since. I had some contact details for him somewhere but that would at least one HD generation ago so somewhere floating about my backup system.

The bezel should be an easy DIY reaffix unless you've warped or damaged it, but the movt I'd get professionally looked at. Don't see why you couldn't decase it and get your jeweller to look at it, it's gen movt I take it?

Yeah, I know he went through some tough times at home. His business # that I had is long disconnected. Too bad, he is a cool dewd...

Nah, it's an ETA movment (2836?). I have no clue how to assemble watches or I'd fix it myself. I did find another watch repair guy in town and am going to try him this weekend. It's the assembly of the 1500 that people have been skittish of.