When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PayPal Message

vlydog

I just received this notice from PayPal.

Hello BXXXX XXXXXXXR

You have successfully signed up for a subscription to Just Host Hosting / Domain Package using PayPal.

Your first subscription payment, for $118.80 USD, has already been sent to Just Host Ltd..

Can a moderator please chime in as to its validity.

Thank you.

Is this for membership?

This sounds very much like what happened to me a couple of years ago. Someone managed to somehow get a hold of my PayPal account and used to buy pre-paid domain hosting.

I was able to get PayPal to reverse the charges, but it took almost a month for my account to be unfrozen and returned to normal.

It's not usually the hosting company that is doing tthis but some individual that managed to crack into your account.

My suggestion is to immediately call PayPal, and have them dispute the charge with the hosting company. at the same time, you'll need to put a temp on any transactions on your account and change all the passowrds.

Good luck to you, I know what this is like. The got me for nearly $600 when it happened to me, but I was lucky and got my money back.

This is NOT RWG.

So here you go vlydog, the confirmation you needed. THis is almost surely an attempt to hijack you PayPal account. COntact them immediately and get this taken care of.

Remember your PP account is tied to your bank account or credit cards, etc. They (the hackers) can clean you and you bank account in mere seconds if left unattended.

Let us know how this turns out. We wish you the best of luck.