When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New version Omega SMP chrono Dial logos

Dudemeister

There have been a few threads discussing the inaccurate Omega logo and font on the new SMP chronos. I currently own a new version of the SMP chrono with the red Seamaster logo. Here is a side by side image of the Gen (on the left) next to the rep.

SMP_GEN-REP.jpg

While the watch is a pleasure to wear, the "curly feet" OHM logo and the botched OMEGA font with bottom ligatures instead of centered ones, do bother me to an extent. Short of buying an original dial for $200+, I thought one possibility would be to replace the logos, as they are probably just glued in place.

But where to get the right logos? I think I just found it here:

Seamaster @ tagoodlist.com

Look at this image, it's exactly what we need on the SMP chrono. So considering the cost of this rep + shipping, we're looking at about $100, to get a donor logo. I suppose we can do a complete swap, then we'd have a cheap rep with the "wrong" logos, and a great rep with the correct ones.

Omega%20Log%20replacement.jpg

Now, could one of the veteran modders explain what the best procedure is to remove the logos.

Has anyone dealt with tagoodlist.com before?

I was looking at some of their other watches, and I'm beginning to think they're a fraud. Some of the images on their site are of the real watches, not the replicas. Here are a couple of examples (their image is on the left, the smaller image is from the Omega web site:

omega-seamaster-13207-1.jpg22208000.gif

omega-seamaster-13216-1.jpg22258000.gif

On the image above, I love their misguided attempt at doctoring the image so they can show the register marks on the rehaut ring, it's really laughable.

In view of this, I'm not sure that if I ordered one of these watches I'd get what is shown in the picture.

So the search for an Omega logo continues...

Yup...dem's looking like gen catalogue pics...don't know if I would trust the site on that basis alone.

If you mean mistrust, I agree. Putting pics of gens on their site is an obvious attempt at deceit. You obviously will not get those watches.

I'm not sure how many of their pictures were lifted from the original manufacturer's web sites, but the few I looked at certainly were.

I was planning on buying one of those SMPs so I can use the good looking logo from the dial, but in light of these revelations I'm not going to throw my money away, unless some here can vouch for them.

• 4 weeks later...

The logo on the newer SMP chrono isn't a sticker one can just swap out. The silver reflective bit is actually attached to a raised portion of the dial that is the exact same shape as the logo & wording itself. In other words, even if you could simply swap out the stickers, it would look even worse considering the dial relief (raised wording) would still be off and look even more obvious:

IMG_3379.jpg

IMG_3346.jpg

Edited by gioarmani