When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Your Help Is Requested

chris5264

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Hey Chris. Any news on the results of this?

This has turned into an interesting project for me in many ways. It is only my second online survey and I was surprised by the length of time people participated. Seems like I would set a deadline and people were still participating; even just a few weeks ago people were still filling out the survey and I really needed all the data I could get. This is really great, my absolute sincere thanks to all that took there time to help me with this. Almost 200 people from RWG helped me out with this. While I hope this will be informative at least some small degree as to why we are into this, I've looked at the data and the central hypothesis doesn't seem to have been supported. I was hoping to help figure out the emotional tension between those that enjoy replicas and those that strongly criticize everything related to replicas and I may not have worked that out just yet. However, there were several ideas I was testing, and plan to have a short and hopefully interesting paper all will have access to by the end of summer, which is only a few weeks for me.

thanks again RWG,,,your time is appreciated.

(I'm going to close the survey and no more data will be collected)

• 2 months later...
Done.

A little boring towards the end, especially the repetitive "does it bother you when you cannot understand others opinions of you" and that whole barrage. No offense mate.

I totally understand,,,but thanks for your help!

the data analysis is complete,,,just finishing up on the writing.. :D

• 4 months later...

So tell us Chris, what is it? Is it the Dr. Faustus in all of us, feeling small in the complexity of our world, hungry for a piece of complexity that seems understandable?

Is it the harmony of the obvious interaction of tiny parts going together as one big thing that is so fascinating for us? Or are we all completelly nuts? :Jumpy:

P.S.: Good luck for your project. I am really curious what you will find in the answers.

Edited by Fish

So tell us Chris, what is it? Is it the Dr. Faustus in all of us, feeling small in the complexity of our world, hungry for a piece of complexity that seems understandable?

Is it the harmony of the obvious interaction of tiny parts going together as one big thing that is so fascinating for us? Or are we all completelly nuts? :Jumpy:

P.S.: Good luck for your project. I am really curious what you will find in the answers.

Perhaps a bit of all of the above,,,mostly the last hypothesis. :D I've been a bit distracted with a variety of things but this is still on the list and will appear shortly. Thanks for your interest and patience.