When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A BK YM with a new WM9 dial.

condemore

One year ago I bought a YM from BK. This one.

DSC_9245.jpg

I've never been completelly satisfied with it. The crystal is not very high (despite the claims of BK in his thread saying he takes care of that), but the thing that bugs me a lot was the color of the dial.

So when I see the threads on WM9 YM, I decided to fix it. I contacted BK again and he offered me to install a WM9 dial for 130$ including shipping.

Here are the new watch, an BK-WM9dialed YM.

DSC_7418.jpg

DSC_7159.jpg

DSC_7199.jpg

DSC_7200.jpg

DSC_7212.jpg

DSC_7213.jpg

DSC_7214.jpg

DSC_7242.jpg

DSC_7267.jpg

DSC_7297.jpg

DSC_7314.jpg

DSC_7330.jpg

DSC_7355.jpg

DSC_7412.jpg

Nicer? What do you think?

By the way, have you noticed the new flaw?

I'm starting to hate BK. :bangin:

Condemore

Under the SWISS MADE at the 6. Should be a total of 5 half sized markers with the middle one directly under the 6 o'clock marker being bolded.

For some reason this dial has two full size markers sandwiching (and spaced too far apart) around the word SWISS MADE, the three half markers are decent now as oppose to the first version dial with little circles.

Looking at the serif font of the OYSTER PERPETUAL DATE. Looks all wrong as well. <_< The L and the D stand out especially. :blink:

Sparkle, lume markers look good. Font of all the words (looking right for the serifs at the tips of the letters , L, D, E's etc) and then the markers at 6 o'clock are the two places I would look immediately to differentiate between Gen and Rep. Good Rep for a good price, but don't try to pass one of these photos off to someone who can study and spot these tells immediately. Cheers! :yeah:

And in gen in yours watch many other distinctions from gen - an insert, a crown, crown gard , crystal etc.

It not BK YM, it noobfacktory . BK YM it is ideal!!! To distinguish with the gen it is possible only on a font of figures on an insert.....Here picture rep BK ....

post-18765-125421535051_thumb.jpg

Edited by shkolnik

What's the beef with all the less than positive comments about this BK YM?

I have a WM9 v2 Sub and its almost perfect apart from the SELs.

This BK YM looks very good to me [the Swiss Made tick marks differ on the gen depending on the year made]

Aside from the tick marks, what do others see that differs on the gen compared to this BK YM?

Does the bezel on this click as loud as on the Sub and is it uni-directional?

Cheers

PD

Edited by P_Diddy

SWISSMADE, SWISS'MADE and SWISS ' MADE are all correct for the YM.

YM Rolesium dials have probably the MOST variation among the Rolex models. There is also plenty of variation among the red YACHT MASTER font on the dial. There are some with very bright and strong red, and some that use much more "bland" red.

Noobfactory YM is excellent rep for the money. Here's my old review of the Asian version. Enjoy!

What's the beef with all the less than positive comments about this BK YM?

I have a WM9 v2 Sub and its almost perfect apart from the SELs.

This BK YM looks very good to me [the Swiss Made tick marks differ on the gen depending on the year made]

Aside from the tick marks, what do others see that differs on the gen compared to this BK YM?

Does the bezel on this click as loud as on the Sub and is it uni-directional?

Cheers

PD

The flaw is much more obvious and it's BK's fault, directly and personally. If you look at the needles, the hour position is 20 minutes behind where it should be. At 6:15 the hour needle hasn´t reached the 6 marker yet. It bugs me a lot, and I don´t have the tools nor the skills to open the watch and fix that and I don´t have any watchsmith at hand that wants to be involved with replicas. So I'll need to resend the watch to BK again. [censored], I think this yatchmaster is travelling too much.

Condemore

Edited by condemore