When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Another Black Po From Pt

baltic

I received my 42mm Black PO with Orange 6, 9 &12 from PT this week and I'm very pleased indeed with it. I haven't got round to pictures, but the ones from Slartibartfast's post are so good I'm not sure I'll bother!

Overall the quality is exceellent and up there with my SMP and Speedy. The bracelet lacks any polished links unlike the other two but it does make for a nice uniform look. However as has been mentioned elsewhere, the clasp locking mechanism is a bit femmer (ooops local dialect slipping out there - make that read flimsy) and not as good as the other two. If anyone has a suggestion to fix this I'd appreciate it.

The crystal has a nice blue AR tint and the bezel is the proper 120 clicks. Dial is very sharply printed and the logo doesn't look too low to me. Lume seems very good, nice and bright but haven't really examined its longevity.

Screw down crown and He valve both work well.

The watch has a nice heft on the wrist, more so than my SMP. A quick on the wrist comparison with a gen in the AD dealer reveals no noticeable differences.

I think the 42mm is a nice size and the 45mm would IMO be a bit too much and that's with PAMs in my collection

Would I reccommend it? Yes indeed. Would I reccommend PT, again yes. Next day delivery in the UK is pretty damn good!

I think this completes my OMEGA collection, I've been after a PO since the 1st generation reps came out last year and I've been biding my time ever since (very very hard), but I'm happy now and this will get some serious wrist time. My SMP will remain my beater, but the PO will be an excellent 'gannin oot' watch, with the Speedy for more formal occassions. Now when am I going to fit all the PAMs and the FAJones in... :whistling:

Edited by baltic

Hey Baltic

Love that speedmaster moonie! How do you rate it? Does the reset work? Do the subs function? Which dealer?

This is my current temptation.... hard to resist.

(Sorry to go off topic, and thanks for the comments about my pics!)

Cheers,

The Speedy is a class watch, the chronos work, although I had the 6 o'clock subdial frozen. I got mine from Eddie Lee a year ago, I think PT based in the UK has them too. Go for it, it's a class watch.