When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Testing Wo-mart.com...ordered A Lv Sub...

DuDro

The waiting is the hardest part...

I just placed an order through the "new" Wo-mart.com site for their "So Called Perfect LV Sub". Their "How To Order" section indicates that they accept PayPal, but I was not presented with this option during the check-out process.

I'm waiting to hear from them to see if they truly accept PayPal....

I will provide updates on my experience with Wo-mart. I can't wait to get it to see how "So Called Perfect" it is!

I'm amazed that the folks who come here, primarily to evaluate the "credentials" of the various dealers continue to disregard the valuable information that's available, and return again and again to these vendors that offer low prices in lieu of reliable service.....Everybody loves a bargain, and unquestionably, these guys offer one, but it's only a matter of time till we start seeing the "....where's _ _ _ _...I sent him money, and haven't heard from him in 2 weeks...or 2 months..." posts again!!!

We are blessed wioth a core group of steady, reliable, responsive dealers here...We all know who they are, and we all know about the others too, so no names need to be mentioned...

Smarten up....a bargain is only a bargain when the deal is completed!!...Who wants to be the next guy with the "where's - - - -" post....Not me!!!

And BTY...Pay-Pal is the ONLY way I'll EVER buy a watch...No paypaley, no dealey!! :bangin::bangin::bangin:

Thanks for your insight, Frank, but here's a short version of the subtext of this thread, in case you're not familiar: Paul was a very solid dealer for a very long time until he tried to corner the high end PAM market, lost that gamble big time, and left 60% of RWG high and dry. After a wierd time during which it was unclear whether or not Paul was even running his site, it looks like he's had a decent if not perfect record and may be trying to earn back business by offering some pretty amazing deals. Apparently, some RWG old timers, well aware of the valuable information available here about buying reps, are giving him another shot. We're trying to determine if a bargain is a bargain in the case of paul. We know we'll have only ourselves to blame if Paul takes our money and then starts posting semi-coherent insults along with pictures of his pool.

I'm willing to cut paul some slack on his paypal problems--he tries to be a volume dealer so, just by the law of averages, he's bound to run into a customer that files a dispute.

Thanks for your insight, Frank, but here's a short version of the subtext of this thread, in case you're not familiar: Paul was a very solid dealer for a very long time until he tried to corner the high end PAM market, lost that gamble big time, and left 60% of RWG high and dry. After a wierd time during which it was unclear whether or not Paul was even running his site, it looks like he's had a decent if not perfect record and may be trying to earn back business by offering some pretty amazing deals. Apparently, some RWG old timers, well aware of the valuable information available here about buying reps, are giving him another shot. We're trying to determine if a bargain is a bargain in the case of paul. We know we'll have only ourselves to blame if Paul takes our money and then starts posting semi-coherent insults along with pictures of his pool.

I'm willing to cut paul some slack on his paypal problems--he tries to be a volume dealer so, just by the law of averages, he's bound to run into a customer that files a dispute.

To each his own....I can't argue with your thinking, but as a relative newbie, I prefer to remain "unburned", so I'm sticking with the guys I've had good experiences with...Actually, I buy most of my watches from individuals here in the CONUS these days, great prices, no customs problems, and 3 or 4 day turnarounds....No problem so far... :D:D:D

To each his own....I can't argue with your thinking, but as a relative newbie, I prefer to remain "unburned", so I'm sticking with the guys I've had good experiences with...Actually, I buy most of my watches from individuals here in the CONUS these days, great prices, no customs problems, and 3 or 4 day turnarounds....No problem so far... :D:D:D

If you're happy, go for it. Hobbies are supposed to make you happy. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

the submariners from paul are nowhere NEAR the ones PT offers in terms of quality and feeling. I have both, and Pauls feels cheap, like junk (at least when you handled a genuine or a PT Sub before) IMO.

but thats just my opinion, you could also be very happy with that watch. just not something I would consider a "perfect" or "ultimate" sub

I've bought a few watches, and I see no reason to spend time on a board like this and then jump into a risky deal in search of the "perfect sub" when I know perfectly well that I have the best there are.

The one and only time I have ever been burned was when I let my drive to round out my collection with some MBWs get the better of my common sense. I got unlucky, but the money I risked was my own and I'm not whining about it - these aren't Girl Scout Cookies we are collecting and we aren't ordering from SEARS.

I finally got my MBWs ordered from a reliable source (Thank you George, and those who made the introduction), and for those who love the vintage Rolex, they are very nice.

For those looking for very nice Classic Subs/SDs (lug holes) or the contemporary models without lug holes, I have bought dozens from Joshua and several from Eddie Lee, and other board members report similar experiences with some of our other dealers.

Although I have bought some of just about everything, I have one box dedicated to Rollies - just took a new update pic.

post-223-1156559065_thumb.jpg This is a modem burner

post-223-1156559098_thumb.jpg Same pic for the dial ups

I guess my point is, why would anyone buy unknown quality products from dealers without established reputations . . . makes no sense to me, but as I said before, so long as you're risking your iwn money, and aren't going to whine if things don't work out, I sure do wish you luck!

Bill