When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Modding my upo

mtv2009

Hi

Just got my first UPO from Homer (thanks Homer :good: ) but like a lot of you i would love to add a couple of extra bits to make it closer to the real thing.

Its a 45.5mm black/white and would like to add a gen bezel (complete with insert) and a set of gen hands.

I know there was a thread a while ago listing all the codes for these bits (im in the uk and will use cousins.uk) but i cant seem to track it down.

Would any uk modders be kind enough to give me the code number and prices (links) of these two gen parts?

I really should know this but does the gen bezel fit straight onto a upo with no modification at all?

Thanks in advance guys

Regards

Hi

Just got my first UPO from Homer (thanks Homer :good: ) but like a lot of you i would love to add a couple of extra bits to make it closer to the real thing.

Its a 45.5mm black/white and would like to add a gen bezel (complete with insert) and a set of gen hands.

I know there was a thread a while ago listing all the codes for these bits (im in the uk and will use cousins.uk) but i cant seem to track it down.

Would any uk modders be kind enough to give me the code number and prices (links) of these two gen parts?

I really should know this but does the gen bezel fit straight onto a upo with no modification at all?

Thanks in advance guys

Regards

Don't know about the codes, but from what I understand, the bezel is a drop in upgrade that requires no modification(correct me if i'm wrong anyone..)

Like Ubi says the genuine bezel needs modding to fit.. and the genuine insert needs modding also it is thicker than the rep. bezel will allow.. but the rep bezel is not bad..getting a better pearl would be all that's needed..

the genuine dial is in reality the way to go .. imo.. it is a big improvement along with a genuine tube and crown (necessity)

and send the crystal to chief for AR.. I have both chiefs and the genuine crystal and chiefs is much better quality and cost 60 usd for AR removal and treatment .. the genuine crystal is 200 usd last I ordered.. the dial around 200 from ofrei.. i think it's less cost to go with ofrei.. than cousins.. the bezel from Ofrei is a little more than 200 usd.. so for the cost I would go with the genuine dial which is more of a tell and the tube/crown around 40 usd.. either have the rep hands relumed or the genuine hands are around 40 usd.

both UPO's have genuine dials.. the Pumkin has chiefs AR the black and white dial has the genuine AR.. both have studio lights beamed directly at the dials.. see the difference.. ??? chiefs is invisible the genuine has more of a hue..

dsc0027li1.jpg

enjoy your UPO whatever you decide to do.. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

AC

lani

red

Posted Today, 02:39 PM

What are some other sites besides Ofrei for modding?

Red.. ofrei offers the best prices for genuine Omega parts .. especially with the exchange rate if you order from Cousins..

you can set up an account.. just call .. speak to Shirley and give her whatever business name you want.. all you need is a CC .. your set to order.. I like to call rather than order online .. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

AC

Lani