When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

couple of nardins and sinn - got em, quick thoughts

fotoman

I am a huge nardin fan - and a Pretty good sinn fan.

I first got the chronograph nardin a few months back, its a solid, feels gen sort of piece. Very good quality top to bottom. Then the blue surf - its Awesome. LOVED it and the price was amazing. great great deal.

I recently ordered more of the collection, my plan had always been to have a big nardin collection.

So, first 2 came in, dimple black dial on black rubber.

This is a nice watch. However, for me, there is something just not quite the same as the surf. I think the color in teh bezel makes it feel like a deeper rehaut. Cause i compared they are the same. nBut the blue one to me looks better.

I also got the roman numeral non diver watch version, its also a GREAT bargain for the quality. The rubber strap on this one, is a step down from the rest and the it holds onto the main watch is too loose and twistable compared to the gen. Teh watch itself looks great, i think it could be easily pulled off.

I ordered a gold/blue surf for my dad. He loves it. To pink gold for me. But its a great watch, it seems that the blue in the whole watch is SOOOO dark. but if you can pull off rose gold and want a sport watch - couldn't get a better deal for the money in my opinion.

i also have a white dimple dial on SS band coming and a black dial of the roman numeral one. - not sure why i don't have them yet. I'm going to oorder the 45mm nardin and the zenith extreme.

My sinn u2, is first class. the strap is HUGE i can't say enough about how great it is, if your on the fence it better be cause your balls are stuck - so just keep going let whatever tissue dislodge that will happen and get that sinn

I'm wondering if i should get the pvd. i wish i really knew the quality.

Now, in case you say phoband, thought you were down and oout, yes, actually today was one of the worst day s of my life, my wife moved out with my son. Very hard very hard to see him go.

Because of the moving i've been selling everythign in sight. I also sold my gen corum cause i had planned to go nardin nuts this summer didn't realize how much mania there would be but :) it is what it is. And, with the way this place works, if i get more down and out than i expected, i'll just sell some of the reps. So i see it like a savings acct :) Buying things tends to happen when i get depressed.

So, in a few weeks when things settle down and i'm all moved into my new dorm (at age 35) i'll whip out the lightbox and take some real shots of my nardin family.

But i can put my stamp of approval on all these watches, they are great watches regardless of theprice and at those prices,, they are must buy's if your into em. I made a conscious decision to have pieces just as mostly display and thats where i'm at yo

peace out

Pictures?

I can totally relate to buying things when you are down. I think it is a pretty natural response actually. Things will always work out though. Keep positive and you will land on your feet just fine.

i'm living among stacks of boxes, when i get moved i'll photo

for my sinn, i'm getting the die cut black with red strap from HKTAN, which is why i might get the pvd sinn. It looked amazing for RL. We'll see. i'm just always afraid, cause you scratcch it your done.

I just received the 45mm UN from Josh, It Is Indeed a very nice rep. I have the SS bracelet and Im ording the rubber.The SS Is a little stiff and there are a few sharp edges. I soaked the bracelet In mineral oil and now It's(I cant beleive) butter, :D a little sanding took care of those edges. The 23J Is keeping very good time and the sweep Is reasonably smooth. I wish you well with your family situation :good: Mike

i'm living among stacks of boxes, when i get moved i'll photo

for my sinn, i'm getting the die cut black with red strap from HKTAN, which is why i might get the pvd sinn. It looked amazing for RL. We'll see. i'm just always afraid, cause you scratcch it your done.

Oh man, that would be a sick looking combo!

Phoband, my sympathies on your personal situation. I do agree with your philosophy about "buying things" to cure depression. I think I am perenially depressed cause I keep buying.

I also just received the Blue surf and the red and black 45mm version and ............I'm less depressed :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Great reps!

• 2 weeks later...