When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Panerai 212 Swiss 7750

lovepanerai

yes it is in fact a modded Swiss 7750 - as Pugwash already mentioned :D

it performs as you would expect from a Swiss movement (smooth second hand, keeps good time, etc.)

Here is a list of flaws that I am aware of:

• hands too thick
  • 5 minute markers are supposed to have the same length and are shorter
  • CG engraving to big
  • tick marks for the seconds are supposed to go from the dial to the bezel
  • the color of the lume is white rather than light green - no luminousity anyway and too bold/thick
  • movement ....pretty much all the engarvings, bridge finishing, blued screws missing or wrong
  • sapphire has no AR coating and is mineral
  • no Flyback function

this is actually one of the PAM's with a lot of flaws, compared let's say to a 111, 127, etc. however it is still a beauty

here is pic of the gen fro comparison:

108757-24437.jpg

Oliver, I bought it as part of a package deal....prices range from $598 (Joshua) to $850

As nice as blued screws would look I would still not turn the watch around since the CDG design is only present on the rotor; The original has it also on the bridges and the engraving on the rotor is different

Got a little tip for you here - get a set of Davidsens PAM 188 hands and swap the minute and hour hands for them - instant improvement. Also grind down the end of that CG lever as well - then super lume it. Here's a pic of mine which I bought some 8 months ago when the swiss version first came out.

111396-23788.jpg

111396-23789.jpg

111396-23790.jpg

111396-23791.jpg

would you take a cape cod cloth to polish the pushers and do you have to take them out or is it enough to take of the crown guard? BTW: I already have time scheduled with The Zigmeister to get the superlume done, guess next step is to buy the 188 hands from David ;-)

It could easily be done with a dremel etc but I don't think you will manage with a CC cloth, and yes you could do it without removing them but you need to be able to thoroughly clean everything afterwards..

It could easily be done with a dremel etc but I don't think you will manage with a CC cloth, and yes you could do it without removing them but you need to be able to thoroughly clean everything afterwards..

thanks M8 I appreciate your tips. Since I don't have a Dremel I will ask The Zigmeister to do this for me once I send the 212 to him :yeah:

The tip of the lever needs shortening and rounding a little - easy if you hava a dremel and costs nothing. The hands are cheap too and already superlumed so another instant upgrade. Also polishing the pushers is not difficult.

Hummm... Does Davidsen have better 196 hour and minute hands? That's one thing that bugs me.