When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Using Electro-Plating for Watch Repair and Restoration

Cortebert

Some of you will know me as Nightwatch from another forum... always glad to share information and thought you guys over here might be able to make some use of this....to give you an idea.... I have since taken the application below a stage further (no images as I write) and converted a molnija 3601 into a Cortebert 618 that now reads "618" "Rolex" as per the original 618 Cortebert... So here goes...

Any scratch, any dent, no matter how big or how small can be fully restored to perfection...Here I have restored two antique Cortebert Bridges that were pretty much destroyed by a reckless engraver who didn

Excellent! I have wondered how well those Caswell kits worked. Many years ago (right out of high school) I worked in a plating shop for about 8 months and my dad did that kind of stuff all his life - it's fascinating!

Excellent post, well documented and great pictures as well.

I guess I need to find a local pantograph engraver so that I can make my Cortebert look like yours.

Thanks so much for this, it is one of the best technical posts in a long time.

a 1950's pantograph is the way to go...but check carefully that the engraver has the correct fonts (I have published what these are above). Another thing to check is whether he is going to make a template to work from, this needs to be very accurate and will add to the cost. I am new to this forum but a few members here will know me as Nightwatch from another forum... If anyone needs help then pm me