When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

SMP PRO 50 years GMT

Talexom

Hi folks,

I have decided on what watch I want to buy hopefully and it is the SMP 50 years silver/black bezel GMT. However, funds will only stretch to the cheaper one at present. I have seen several out there but they all seem to have the bezel insert that has the incorrect alignment of silver/black at the 6 and 18 markers. The expensive versions seem to have this correct.

Does anyone know of anywhere that can do the 21J version with the correct bezel, or if I can just buy a replacement (rep) bezel and swap them out ?

Thanks in advance. Here is a link to the right look that I am after if it helps;-

http://www.puretimewatch.com/index.php?productID=195

As a note, the Asian 21J GMT movement is a flakier movement than others because the GMT tube on the GMT hand is not attached the greatest, so any repair is difficult because of the difficulty of sourcing an Asian GMT movement.

If you want a GMT watch, I would suggest saving the bucks and going for an ETA modded with the GMT module which appears more reliable...and then buy a cheap Asian 21j non-GMT watch which should give you lots of mileage and life.

Welcome to RWG!!