When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rep Dial for Datejust (DG2813 movement)

pilot

1. Buy a cheap $50-60 DJ rep and use that dial- it'll have an asian 21j movt and same dial feet.

2. Buy a gen dial, cut off the dial feet and glue it to the movt ring or use dial dots- this might require a longer pinion- could be tough.

3. Buy a watch from a dealer and see if he'll sell you the DJ dial you want.

4. Just buy the DJ you want from Ruby. Ruby will source/make any DJ you want- you might have to go to RWI to find Ruby. Get the 4813 while you're at it.

swapping to a 4813- might require the taller pinion. You could check w/ Chris at Eurotimez, maybe he could help you.

In the long run, now that I think of it, it will probably be quicker and easier to just buy the watch you want from a dealer.

Pilot, kinda confused as to exactly what you are wanting to do. Is it safe to assume you already have a Datejust with a 2813 movement and would like to get a different dial for it or you have one minus dial? Also, you would like to change to a 4813 movement? Eurotimez has the proper tall cannon (I'm told) 4813 you'll need and TBP is correct about gen dials are pretty common on flea-bay. Or, I am fixin' to order myself some more rep dials and if you can tell me what you are looking for I'll include it in my order if you are CONUS and would only cost you $10-$15. I actually put my order in last night but can probably add a dial to it.

Alligoat is correct about it being probably easier to buy another cheapie unless you are wanting to play and get experience.

Yeh, you might give some serious consideration to upgrading. It doesn't make much sense to do 50 pounds worth of work to a cheap watch. Or just go buy another 33 pound watch and hope it lasts another year. By the time you get a dial, and a 4813 and put it all together and realize it may or may not work..., you could have just ponied up and got a new watch.