When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pre V presents Day After Day: Plural of Tudor Snowflake

Pre V

P1010280aa.jpg

P1010277a.jpg

P1010289a.jpg

As my forum nick Pre V states, my passion for Prevendome Panerai(s) has been deep in my veins for as long as I could remember. Still the horological river runs deep, and where there are choices out in the open waters, our heart seems to deviate beyond our primary loves.

It's no surprise that the rich history of Rolex coincides with Panerai, and my 1st Rolex was presented to me when I was 14. Young punk, as you might be thinking, why would I strap on a Rolex? The status quo at that moment don't matter to me. For I knew that my love for Rolex wristwatches surpasses what others might think of me. Just so you know, it was a TT Datejust which I still have till today.

As time goes by, the notion of Rolexes holding a special place in my heart remains. It wasn't until recently that I took a profound interests in Tudors. This experience emerged when I met a watchmaker who has an amazing Rolex & Tudor collection. From ref. 5508 to ref. 7032/0 to ref. 9401/0, he has them all. I was fortunate enough to be able to hold these rare timepieces in person.

What surprised me was that none of these Vintages that he possessed was strapped on a bracelet. Most of us watchlovers would have the inevitable thought : "Hey, why don't you have a SS bracelet on your watch? It would look so much better, wouldn't it?". My friend who has a deep passion for the WWI and WWII era explained to me that back in the days, most watches were worn on vintage leather or NATO straps, and that this notion stayed true to his wristwatches. Besides, NATO straps, be it nylon or leather, are much more comfortable than bracelets - in terms of weight, thickness etc.

In all honesty, I wasn't a big fan of bracelets myself. Back in the days when I bought a ref. 5517 replica from Joshua, I immediately bought a Kangaroo leather Nato and was I mesmerized by the look and comfort to say the least.

So I present to you both of my Snowflakes - ref. 7021/0 (1968) and ref. 9401/0 (1980) on my favourite leather Nato strap made of Kangaroo hide.

Thanks for reading!

Pre V

P1010284a.jpg

P1010286a.jpg

P1010287a.jpg

P1010288a.jpg

P1010309a.jpg