When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Yacht-master ....

hu12

Rolex YachtMaster Rolesium - Swiss ETA

got it today from Andrew....

post-2665-1156537759_thumb.jpg

MOVEMENT: Swiss ETA 2836-2 Automatic

CASE DIAMETER: 40mm

THICKNESS: 12mm

DIAL COLOR: Rolesium Dial

CASE MATERIAL: Solid 316L ss

BRACELET: Solid 316L ss

FRONT GLASS: Sapphire

BACK GLASS: Solid case back with hologram

BEZEL: soft click Uni-directional Bezel

Rolex crown etched at 6:00 on sapphire glass

1:1

Serial and reference engraved on lugs and end links

observations.

post-2665-1156537827_thumb.jpg

compare to GEN

post-2665-1156537857_thumb.jpg

Most of the Flaws are hardly noticable... she's realy is a beauty

No decorated movement Like his picture to my suprise. It absolutely looks nothing like it. It is however an ETA (stamped logo) 2836-2

Didn't take a picture of it, but I'll borrow one from king...same movement and whats in the watch..

post-2665-1156539105_thumb.jpg

Here is the movement it's supose to have ...

post-2665-1156539382_thumb.jpg

not sure of the differences in the two, but would like to know...

Did you order the ROLYM001 or the ROLYM003? I love Andrew to death, so I am in no way trying to bash or flame him with what I am about to point out next.

I spent about 20 minutes comparing the pictures from his site of the YM001 and the YM003 trying to justify spending the extra $10 for the YM003. The only difference the I could see cosmetically (mainly on the the dials), was at 6 o’clock where it has the “swiss made” mark. The YM001 has “SWISSMADE” (almost as if it is one word, like what you have) and the YM003 has “SWISS MADE” (two words).

Here is his pic of the YM003:

108040-24620.jpg

I was thinking that you may have ordered the YM003, but received the YM001, but the YM001 just has the plain gold colored movement. I am thinking that there must be slight variations since he last took his pics of the YM003.

Either way, the watch you got is still a beauty, and I can’t wait to get my YM003!

Jim

------------------------------------------------------

Order Number: xxx

Date Ordered: xxx xxx xxxx, xxxx

Detailed Invoice: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Products

------------------------------------------------------

1 x ROLYM003 - Rolex YachtMaster Rolesium (2005) - Swiss ETA (ROLYM003) = $xxx.xx

http://www.trustytime.com/index.php?main_p...products_id=614

the ROLYM001 does not have tics under "swiss made"

:(

Edited by hu12

Good catch on the "yacht master" font. I didn't see that. When I get my YM003, I will post up some pics of it in this thread and we can look to see if there are any differences between yours and mine.

By the way, how did you open the case? If you don't have a case opener, did you use the ball of duct tape trick? I just don't want to destroy the sticker on the case cover.

Jim

Nice Yacht-Master. It is one of the watches which looks better in real life than on picture.

It is kind of "flashy", but most girls thinks it is a better looker than the Subs.

Regarding the movement.. I actually would prefer the regular ETA. I have two bad experiences with the decorated movement... but noe with the regular ETA.

Hate to burst anyones bubble, but i would never buy from "trusty" again. This bait and switch is nothing new. He did it to me on a day date. Paid $300 and he swore he could provide me with an totally updated version rolesor clasp and all. I got a piece of crap shipped from malaysia that broke in a week. Andrew is an [censored] and a thief. I never mentioned it before because i figuered [censored] it its only $300. But the more I read the more [censored] i get. [censored] Andrew.

Edited by jfreeman420

Hate to burst anyones bubble, but i would never buy from "trusty" again. This bait and switch is nothing new. He did it to me on a day date. Paid $300 and he swore he could provide me with an totally updated version rolesor clasp and all. I got a piece of crap shipped from malaysia that broke in a week. Andrew is an [censored] and a thief. I never mentioned it before because i figuered [censored] it its only $300. But the more I read the more [censored] i get. [censored] Andrew.

Uh ohhh

Rolex YachtMaster Rolesium - Swiss ETA

got it today from Andrew....

post-2665-1156537759_thumb.jpg

MOVEMENT: Swiss ETA 2836-2 Automatic

CASE DIAMETER: 40mm

THICKNESS: 12mm

DIAL COLOR: Rolesium Dial

CASE MATERIAL: Solid 316L ss

BRACELET: Solid 316L ss

FRONT GLASS: Sapphire

BACK GLASS: Solid case back with hologram

BEZEL: soft click Uni-directional Bezel

Rolex crown etched at 6:00 on sapphire glass

1:1

Serial and reference engraved on lugs and end links

observations.

post-2665-1156537827_thumb.jpg

compare to GEN

post-2665-1156537857_thumb.jpg

Most of the Flaws are hardly noticable... she's realy is a beauty

this was from andrew also but looks very different:

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=8048

wow what a review :whistling:

hey Jim, Looks great.. seems to be the same as I recieved. my bet is you'll have the same movement when you crack open the case. Not sure if I'm right but these may be a newer model, cause they are not the same as pictured (much better dial - with the minor flaws), nor are they the older dial...

nice pics...

hey Jim, Looks great.. seems to be the same as I recieved. my bet is you'll have the same movement when you crack open the case. Not sure if I'm right but these may be a newer model, cause they are not the same as pictured (much better dial - with the minor flaws), nor are they the older dial...

nice pics...

Yep, I agree, bet its the same movement as yours. I have not opened it just yet, as I am not sure what I am doing with this watch (its still in the plastic and everything right now). If you look on the bezel insert, right at the 23rd minute marker, you will see what looks like a spec of dirt. It's not. Its a chip in the finish on the bezel insert.

Andrew has already been notified, and wanted me to send it back. I am a bit leery shipping this back to China, due to the more strict customs enforcment. I am waiting to see if he will send me a new bezel so I don't have to ship the watch. Once that is all figured out, I will snap some shots of the movement.

Jim

• 2 weeks later...