When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Need Advice on EMS Tracking Problem from Well-Regarded Merchant

solicitor

I have been purchasing rep watches online from China for several years now. Although there have been some minor problems along the way, all of the merchants ultimately delivered what they promised.

Recently I ordered a rep handbag for my girlfriend from a merchant that comes highly recommended on repgeek.com. I had never dealt with them before. I placed the order via PP and received a EMS tracking number two days later. So far, so good.

It has now been three days since receiving the tracking number and it still does not show up on the EMS China tracking search engine. The same "no information for this tracking" message keeps coming up.

I contacted the merchant to verify that the number was correct and was told that there is a "post Chinese holiday backlog" at the local post office and that I should contact them (the merchant) in five days if the tracking number doesn't show up.

I admit to being a little skeptical about that explanation. Has anyone had this experience with EMS tracking numbers from China before? I guess I've been lucky because it's never happened to me in all the years I've bought reps.

Also, if I'm being scammed, would contacting PP not work because of the nature of the goods being sold?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Things have been extremely slow this past 2 weeks..

one.. because of the China Holiday.. and then Our Columbus Holiday (if your in the USA)

and if you are in the USA.. keep in mind that the Postal Service has cut back Units and hours considerably in a cost cutting move.

thirdly.. and probably most importantly .. even if you get a tracking number today.. it won't post until the parcel is "actually" delivered to the Postal service and properly scanned.. it's usually a 3 day lag time from the time you get the tracking number.

We have "Bergies" accessories here .. and the members here are very , very happy with his Customer Service.. it is what he prides himself on.. so in the future may I suggest you check him out.. I understand his LV line is the bomb !!

I have a couple of items that have been delayed about 3 to 4 days now

Good luck and I'm sure your parcel is safely on the way.. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

AC

Lani

Things have been extremely slow this past 2 weeks..

one.. because of the China Holiday.. and then Our Columbus Holiday (if your in the USA)

and if you are in the USA.. keep in mind that the Postal Service has cut back Units and hours considerably in a cost cutting move.

thirdly.. and probably most importantly .. even if you get a tracking number today.. it won't post until the parcel is "actually" delivered to the Postal service and properly scanned.. it's usually a 3 day lag time from the time you get the tracking number.

We have "Bergies" accessories here .. and the members here are very , very happy with his Customer Service.. it is what he prides himself on.. so in the future may I suggest you check him out.. I understand his LV line is the bomb !!

I have a couple of items that have been delayed about 3 to 4 days now

Good luck and I'm sure your parcel is safely on the way.. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

AC

Lani

Thanks for the reply. I have purchased from Ken, and he's the best. Unfortunately, he did not carry the handbag my GF wanted and I needed it asap. The idea that it takes three days for the parcel to actually be delivered to their local post office makes sense. What I don't get is why the merchant didn't just tell me that.

I'll wait the five days they suggested and see what happens...

Sometimes the product is delivered before the tracking number shows up.....

Since you paid for it by PP your credit card company will take care of you. Just remember to give it plenty of time and try to work with the seller. And don't ever try to do a chargeback through PP; charge it back through your credit card issuer.

Carl

Thanks for the reply. I have purchased from Ken, and he's the best. Unfortunately, he did not carry the handbag my GF wanted and I needed it asap. The idea that it takes three days for the parcel to actually be delivered to their local post office makes sense. What I don't get is why the merchant didn't just tell me that.

I'll wait the five days they suggested and see what happens...

I can go to the Post Office and grab a handful of Express forms.. I expect that's what some dealers have available even in other Countries.. for whatever reason they just don't state that is unknown to me .. but considering all the variables that the Holiday's on both ends brought.... our parcels to the US seems to be delayed about a week .. it takes them a day or so to even get back on track.. EMS is not what it used to be and it will get slower before long I"m sure..

AC

Lani

Sometimes the EMS tracking number doesn't show up on the EMS web site, but it does on the US web site. I bought some RC helicopter parts a couple of months back and I was able to track the package all the way on the USPS web site, even though the EMS site always game a "not found" error.

try entering the tracking number on the US post office site (if you're in the US), or your country's post office. The EMS web site has direct links in a drop down menu.

I have just had the reverse experience, in the last 24 hours.

Some goods were collected by EMS and within 2 hours showed in their tracking!

They have now sat around with no further movement, however at least I know they are "in the system"

So there are all sorts of variables!!

Offshore

I have just had the reverse experience, in the last 24 hours.

Some goods were collected by EMS and within 2 hours showed in their tracking!

They have now sat around with no further movement, however at least I know they are "in the system"

So there are all sorts of variables!!

Offshore

Helps to have a direct line to GZ :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Dudemeister

Posted Today, 05:08 PM

Sometimes the EMS tracking number doesn't show up on the EMS web site, but it does on the US web site. I bought some RC helicopter parts a couple of months back and I was able to track the package all the way on the USPS web site, even though the EMS site always game a "not found" error.

try entering the tracking number on the US post office site (if you're in the US), or your country's post office. The EMS web site has direct links in a drop down menu.

Ture.. I nevrer use the EMS tracking.. only USPS ..

AC

Lani

Offshore, my DSSD V5 from Eurotimes has showed "despatched from sorting center" for a couple of days now and earlier it popped up as being in customs on the USPS site where EMS still shows the earlier status. Go figure...

The tracking number shows! It took three full days after they gave it to me, but I'll take it any way I can get it. Thanks for all of your good advice and support. I'm always worried when I buy from someone new to me. Otherwise, delays don't usually bother me that much. Thanks again!