When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Forum Members And Light Bulbs

Everythingape

Though this a friendly forum, here's how a normal little thing could be stretched out over 30 pages:

How many forum members does it take to change a light bulb?

1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed

14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently

7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs and that you should have a pro do it

1 to move it to the Lighting section

2 to argue then move it to the Electricals section

7 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs

5 to flame the spell checkers

3 to correct spelling/grammar flames

6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb" ... another 6 to condemn those 6 as stupid

2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp"

15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct

19 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb forum

11 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum

36 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty

7 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs

4 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's

3 to post about links they found from the URL's that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group

13 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too"

5 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy

4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago at the old forum?"

13 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs"

1 newbie forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again.

Feel free to add as you see fit! ;)

post-2568-1156545533_thumb.jpg

Edited by Everythingape

It depends where and who are the people that wants to change the light bulbs..

For the less industrous, less intelluctual community.. It will take at least 1000..

1 to go on a ladder to hold the bub,

while the other 999 will try to lift and turn the house anticlockwise !

Joshua

It won't take ANY members to change the lightbulb......they're sheeple and can't agree on how to do it....so they'll wander off and start a new forum called CWDG......Coping With Darkness Guide...!

1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed

1 Pugwash to hijack the thread with pics of his lightbulb.

8 Sichuans and Paulmarts to say "We got 2006 SWISS LIGHTBLUB 60W MAN no paypal" and show pics of a 40W bulb.

1 TTK to start.....poking.....fun.

85 TTK bashers seeing the big man and wanting to take a chunk out of him.

4 Mods to shut them up.

1 Ubiquitous to post a frankenbulb on a marble top.

3 Modders (Finepics, Palpatine and The Zigmeister) to show us how to lume the ceiling instead.

9 to complain how their hair is full of lume now.

1 Nanuc to post a tale about the lightbulb he destroyed (AND HOW!)

Anyway, here's the picture of my 60W Bulb.

108256-24582.jpg

2 if they are the forum pimps among us, one to hold the bulb and one to drive the pink lowrider Cadillac in tiny circles..

8 to suggest that you should have posted at least 100 posts about changing the light bulb before you are allowed to buy one.

6 to tell the 100-post suggestors that that's really up to the light bulb dealers to decide, and that we have discussed this before.

3 noobs to say that they have bought and changed light bulbs before they came to the forum, and try to be really eloquent so dealers will notice them and perhaps give them $20 off on their first buy.

MONOPRIX 60W Bulb

I bought this bulb in a pack of two. It's a B6 fitting, ideal for table lamps, and is rated at 60W. The pearl (high opacity) finish is very even, apart from at the usual places. The bayonet, like on all Monoprix branded bulbs, is quite flimsy, but the insides are, I believe, some of the same filaments used in the genuine Mazda and Philips models. I've not opened it up yet so I can't comment on the argon quality.

It produces excellent light, if the colour is indeed a little off (Hey, it's a replica, what do you expect!) but you'd need a chromascope to be sure, and the chances of meeting a BIS on the street with a colour-testing kit is fairly remote.

All in all, I'd recommend this bulb to anyone looking for a lower-budget model.

108270-24581.jpg

Look what i found on the bay:

a 2000 Watt NEW SYLVANIA BWA 2000W 120V PROJECTOR FOLLOWSPOT BULB

108336-24556.jpg

Is it real or is it a rep / fake bulb ?

Please guys, help ! I'm a newbie on RBForum. I'm glad I can finally ask for your help on the replica Bulb forum. If its not a genuine bulb, could you tell me if its a good rep ?

Does it has the right size and engravings ?

Does it has the propoer AR coating ?

Maybe Pugwash can put a blowup of the Bulb in a next posting ?

The original packaging is visibe on this posting for the professionals to make up their mind and give their decision...

A desparate Bulb collector

Gerco (Bulb-in-space)

a 2000 Watt NEW SYLVANIA BWA 2000W 120V PROJECTOR FOLLOWSPOT BULB

[...]

Please guys, help ! I'm a newbie on RBForum. I'm glad I can finally ask for your help on the replica Bulb forum. If its not a genuine bulb, could you tell me if its a good rep ?

I'd stay away if I were you. It's a good rep, but it's still a rep. You can tell by the text under the GTE SYLVANIA bit. The red is close enough in colour, but the 0124 is off-center and misaligned.

Where did you get it? Can you post a dealer review? Around my parts, we're stuck with the screw-in E-27 and E-14 sockets. I envy your click ins.. We only get those on the halogen spots.

Thanks for the kind words. This bulb has a bit of a story behind it. I got it from my local Monoprix and paid for it with my VISA. It came in a pack of two, and the other one is in service in a lamp elsewhere in the house. That's it.

Hey, I said a bit of a story, not an interesting story.

I'm sure if you try, you'll find a trusted dealer (Try Precious Light if you're in the EU or Trusty Lamp Guy if you're elsewhere) that can deliver without customs hassle.

I'd stay away if I were you. It's a good rep, but it's still a rep. You can tell by the text under the GTE SYLVANIA bit. The red is close enough in colour, but the 0124 is off-center and misaligned.

Thanks Pugwash,

you made my day !

I also posted on the dark side of Bulbs forum, but i can read what i''ve posted and can't read the answers.....

Maybe someone could put a light on out there !

I have already emailed PL and i'am talking on skype with O'Neil alias TTB (the Tender Tall Bulbguy) about a buy.

Glad i found this forum, otherwise i still would be buying crap bulbs on the bay :3a::3a:

Bulb-in-Space

Edited by Gerco

I don't wanna push my luck here, but now we have established our mutual love for rep light bulbs, I have something that can just about complete your collection..

Product: Light bulb boxes in various sizes

Condition: Like new (but opened)

Origin: Osram factory +various

Stock: 7 (but I can source more)

post-2568-1156616227_thumb.jpg

No, your eyes are NOT decieving you. They are GENUINE boxes for most standard 14/27 sockets. I can also get 60W boxes if there is enough interest. Imagine one of your friends accusing you of using rep bulbs in your lamps.. you can go "REPS? WTF man, if they were reps, why the hell do I own the ORIGINAL box?" And show him one of these babies.. You'd shame him there and then.

PM me for details, gentlemen, but remember, quality don't come cheap..

I don't wanna push my luck here, but now we have established our mutual love for rep light bulbs, I have something that can just about complete your collection..

Product: Light bulb boxes in various sizes

Condition: Like new (but opened)

Origin: Osram factory +various

Stock: 7 (but I can source more)

post-2568-1156616227_thumb.jpg

No, your eyes are NOT decieving you. They are GENUINE boxes for most standard 14/27 sockets. I can also get 60W boxes if there is enough interest. Imagine one of your friends accusing you of using rep bulbs in your lamps.. you can go "REPS? WTF man, if they were reps, why the hell do I own the ORIGINAL box?" And show him one of these babies.. You'd shame him there and then.

PM me for details, gentlemen, but remember, quality don't come cheap..

Hi .........P.

I've read on your Bulbsite (BO-mart) that you made your 5 000 000 sale of genuine bulb boxes, congrats !

But how is it possible that you can keep your prices so low, is here a bulb-catch ????

Bulb-in-Space