When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

your feedback on this sub?

paneristi_man

What does "Old school in a bad way" mean? Just curious.

Personally I'd rather have the correctly modded TWB case than the Noobmariner case. Wasn't the TWB the one the V1 Eurotimez and WM9 Sub was built on?

Noob case is nice but it's just too small..... Sitting right next to a gen it just looks wrong.

What does "Old school in a bad way" mean? Just curious.

Personally I'd rather have the correctly modded TWB case than the Noobmariner case. Wasn't the TWB the one the V1 Eurotimez and WM9 Sub was built on?

Noob case is nice but it's just too small..... Sitting right next to a gen it just looks wrong.

simple answer : TWB / MBW = non gen like construction - shitty rehaut - fugly CGs

Eurtimes / WM9 = gen like construction - perfect rehaut - nice CGs

Noobmariner is for the price ok - esp the upgraded model ...

cheers,

Frank

I disagree with Frank!

This is the same dial as the WM9V1. Rehaut looks good, WM9, MBK and TWB all come from Taiwan. This watch is a good deal- far better than a noobmariner. The noob is a good beginner watch, but these latest versions from Taiwan are all better. This watch is going to have gen bezel construction.

The only thing this watch might have is an eta clone movement. But that's par for the course these days.

I've owned four noobs in the past, but I'd buy this watch in a heartbeat over a noob anyday. The noob is outdated AFAIC.

I disagree with Frank!

This is the same dial as the WM9V1. Rehaut looks good, WM9, MBK and TWB all come from Taiwan. This watch is a good deal- far better than a noobmariner. The noob is a good beginner watch, but these latest versions from Taiwan are all better. This watch is going to have gen bezel construction.

The only thing this watch might have is an eta clone movement. But that's par for the course these days.

I've owned four noobs in the past, but I'd buy this watch in a heartbeat over a noob anyday. The noob is outdated AFAIC.

so they upgraded the old TW-Bests ? shame on me :)

would love to see some member pics of this watch !

cheers,

Frank

Here is my old TW best Sub compared to a gen sub.......my opinion is that you will not be very happy with this sub....go for the WM9 Subrolleyes.gif

http://www.rwgforum.com/topic/27257-pictoriala-rep-perfect-sub-vs-gen-submariner/page__hl__elprimerozen__fromsearch__1

And here its the TW sub with gen insert:

http://www.rwgforum.com/topic/25629-gen-bezel-insert-on-josh-perfect-sub/page__hl__elprimerozen__fromsearch__1

I bought this. it is IMPOSSIBLE to recess an insert in the bezel due to the way it's constructed. there is nothing gen like about the construction. and the rehaut is slightly conical and milled roughly. The dial print looks a tad too small, it has solid link bracelet and the gaskets are noob sized, and the crown tube is too small to accept a gen crown. It's a glorified noobmariner. prowatch IS indeed EXCELLENT to deal with but this particular product if you're not going to mod it is fine, but if you have huge plans for it stay away.

Well, if highoey says it's not a gen bezel like construction, then better options would be the Euromariner- maybe w/ the asian 21j movement to keep costs down, or the old WM9V1 from Precious Time, if it's still available. Also, the reconditioned WM9V2's can be a good deal, once again, if available.

I thought the new TW Bests had a gen like bezel, but maybe I was dreaming.

I bought this case set from prowatch thinking it was wm9v1...it was not.

I should mention with the depth gauge on my calipers I measured the top of the bezel lip to where the insert would sit below the lip on the metal inner ring part in the bezel and its a slim 0.46mm MEANING you CAN NOT RECESS ANY INSERT... so what's the point... you could maybe transfer a noobmariner bezel ring since its the same construction and it would be better than the noobmariner... but again with reps like MBK and wm9 why bother. Which yeah, IS, unfortunate cause PWP is great to deal with.

GUTS:

post-10838-125584796918_thumb.jpg

I bought this. it is IMPOSSIBLE to recess an insert in the bezel due to the way it's constructed. there is nothing gen like about the construction. and the rehaut is slightly conical and milled roughly. The dial print looks a tad too small, it has solid link bracelet and the gaskets are noob sized, and the crown tube is too small to accept a gen crown. It's a glorified noobmariner. prowatch IS indeed EXCELLENT to deal with but this particular product if you're not going to mod it is fine, but if you have huge plans for it stay away.

hi,

sorry for a noob question, but what do you mean by "recess an insert in the bezel" ? Could you please explain what this is and why it's needed?

I'm not looking at modding but is this issue a big flaw with this watch? Other than this what other issues does it have?

cheers

If you look at the pic you'll notice the bezel insert sits below the metal ridge of the bezel giving it a lip on the gen sub. on the rep you can see the bezel sits above the metal bezel ring NOT below the ridge giving it no impression of having a lip that is higher than the insert. To me and others on this board they consider this a huge giveaway as its a very unique and specific look that ALL gen subs have. If youre a casual collector who just wants a good looking watch to flash to your friends it should be fine. But any one that owns a gen should notice something just doesnt seem right with yours if they were to see it, maybe not noticing the bezel problem right away but it would still raise suspicion. One can usually thin the metal bezel and glue it back in making it sit lower in the metal bezel ring. with this tawain case you CAN NOT. there is simply is NOT enough depth to have any insert sit below that lip.

hope that made sense.

post-10838-125592270217_thumb.jpg