When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Kevlar Dive Strap

pelagic

Has anyone purchased this strap? Just wondering what your thoughts were on it. Thought it looked nice thinking about getting it for my 089. If you dont mind posting up some pics of your 089 strap combos I would appreciate it, trying to get ideas. Thanks

post-8136-125601264485_thumb.jpg

post-8136-125601266178_thumb.jpg

I remember reading that a batch of these kevlar straps arrived smelling badly of FISH, and the end buyers could not get rid of the smell. I kid you not.

Not sure if it was this particular one, or if it is still a problem, but you may want to do a search on "fish" and "kevlar" :)

I have one of these from Ted Su on my U-BOAT and love it!

I don't think there is any kevlar in these straps, just the "near-kevlar look." There was a lot of chatter on this over at WUS.

These straps bear a really strong resemblence to the Maratac Elite strap that sells for under $20.

Regardless, the look and weight of this strap/buckle combo is AWESOME!

The only downside for me is that I can't wear it for more than 5-6 hours because the weight of the buckle digs into my wrist...

Show us a pic when you get it mounted!

it is great, but the buckle is so big, that if you rest your arm on a table, that it does not always wear comfortable. Ted Su has some ceramic coated ones.