When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Travling in Germany with a rep

Hi guys,my parents are going to Germany next week for vacation and my father wants to wear the Ulysse Nardin Blue Surf and my mother her Hublot Big Bang 38mm with ss bezel.Do you think going throu customs on the airport face any problems wearing those watches.I am sking you because i have no idea with German customs.

Best Regards.

i echo the sentiment. You are safe with whatever you are wearing. Packing them separately in your bag and you may get the wrong guy who concludes you are bringing in watches to sell them. In truth I travel the world with 3 watches (one on the wrist and two in a fancy watch carrier) and have never gotten anything but compliments on the watches. My personal limit for traveling is always three though and it is clear they are for my personal wear.

Yeah I can confirm. As long as you wear the watch it is no problem. Don't bring any boxsets or similar..

German customs allows to bring one rep with you for personal use.. IF (extremely unlikely if the watch is on the wrist) they start arguing just say that its a cheap rep for personal use and its ok.. they wont take it away or make you pay any customs fee..

This hadnt even occoured to me before now. Next week I'm spending a few nights with the girlfriend in Paris, Venice and Milan. I was planing to sport a Santos rep for the trip ...

Should I be worried? Flying into Paris from London.

Usually you're fine if its on your wrist...I've never had problems in Paris or Berlin...