When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

39,000k Bond Red

lanikai

Lani, that's not in too bad condition. It doesn't have too many spiderwebs yet, and it does look to be genuine. But the seller has a lot of typos in his ad and that makes me wonder. He calls it a 6538 and a 6536, and a 3536. He also says the model should have an 8mm crown.

All that makes me shy away from something like this. And the price... for half that amount you should be buying a perfect example of a complete 6538 with provenance, instead of just a dial.

Lani, that's not in too bad condition. It doesn't have too many spiderwebs yet, and it does look to be genuine. But the seller has a lot of typos in his ad and that makes me wonder. He calls it a 6538 and a 6536, and a 3536. He also says the model should have an 8mm crown.

All that makes me shy away from something like this. And the price... for half that amount you should be buying a perfect example of a complete 6538 with provenance, instead of just a dial.

not that I would even contemplate buying it..some of the issues you mentioned crossed my mind ,,but not being versed .. thought I'd ask .. thanks B

A

C

Lani

He's out of his mind. I've watched some of his stuff for quite a while, and have seen fakes. For example, The serifed font appears to be re-dialed on the "underline" dial he is selling. (I spent about an hour comparing it to my gen underlines, looking at each letter, comparing mine with a loupe, etc., I'm pretty sure it's a fake). IMO, STAY AWAY from this seller.

Christ, by the way you guys were talking, I thought this auction was for the whole watch!!!!! You mean to tell me that someone actually has the balls to ask 39k for a f%#@ing dial!!!! :brow: Like I had said in another thread last week, I really do not have the stomach for this anymore. Sometime last year I remember a listing on VRF for a vintage GMT bezel assembly (the perspex, plastic insert style) in decent shape for something like 15k (I really don't remember the actual price, but it was in that neighborhood) and the seller had the attitude of "if you want it you will just pay it, someone out there will". I thought it was not only a crazy price, but it was arrogant as well. Seriously, some day, if this keeps up, I will have absolutely no problem selling my 1675 to some rich collector and soaking it for everything I can, maybe I can get enough to pay off my house.

Cheers :(

I know these are very rare.. but 39k ???

what value do RWG's experts put on this dial ?? Ubi ?? Freddy ?? Jojo?? Tribal ??

I saw this awhile back in 1 of his previous attempts. Probably gen & in poor condition. $1-$5k in that condition, tops. The seller is out of his mind. Period.

i saw a Rolex 1665 DRSD from 1967 on interwatches.com for a stackering 179.980.00$ :shock:

Interwatches always tends to be high, but they do sell good stuff. DRSDs were fetching above $150k before the market crash & I think it is hard to price some rare Rolex watches because the demand is so unquenchingly strong. I would never pay that much, but I suspect there are alot of nouveau riche, with more money than (watch collecting) experience, who would. And, barring another (more serious) global economic catastrophe, I am sure the value will reach/exceed that asking price in the future.