When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex 1680/1675

vlydog

Greetings all,

I am currently gather parts for another Rolex project; this time it's a white 1680. A friend sent me an email saying he has found a NOS set of hands for me but stated they are for 1680/1575.

Either he made a mistake or my noobness is really showing. I thought the 1575 movement hand the GMT function.

Anyway, would a set of Mercedes hands fit both movements and are they the same hand-set for both the 1680 and 1675?

...GMT hand excluded of course.

Thanks for your help.

OK thanks but will the same hands fit both a 1570 and a 1575?

1570 = no date or gmt

1575 = date Note - many 1575s are singed '1570', so the number on the movement is not necessarily the actual model. If the movement has a date, it is a 1575, if not, then it is a 1570.

1575gmt = date & gmt

1560/1570/1575 hands are all essentially the same, except for the length of their handtube (the part that fits onto the pinion). Hands made for movements with a date function have taller tubes, which means the hands will sit higher up off the face of the dial than the proper hands when fit onto a no-date movement. Sometimes, it just looks a bit odd, but other times the hands will come into contact with the crystal, which may stop the watch from running. Because of the variability of aftermarket cases, there are no hard & fast rules & no one here can tell you, for sure, whether the hands will fit your particular case. The only way to know if/how they will fit is to try them. The 1 thing I can tell you, with some degree of reliability, is that the converse rarely works (trying to fit hands made for a (no date) 1570 onto a 1575).