When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I got engaged today!

redwatch

.... We are in LA. My family is in Canada. Her family is in Peru. Some serious logistics are in our future for sure!

Have fun with this one man! I just went through this a year ago with my wife. She is from Poland and is the only one in her family that speaks English. Had to make arrangements at 3 airports to make sure they got transferred to the correct flights, taken through customs, etc. Pain in the a$$, but well worth it at the end of the day!

Congrats on your engagement!

Sure makes things interesting, doesn't it? I know maybe 20 words in spanish, and in her family only one speaks fluent english. Makes Skype calls very hard to understand, but we manage! :p

Damn.. you got it bad then.. I learned spanish from the wifey.. (well living in spain helps also) haha. None of my family speaks spanish and none of her family speaks english.. we had a completely bi-lingual wedding and ended up having her uncle and my uncle both leading the ceremony in english and spanish. Not sure what your planning, but if you