When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Another DIY PAM Distressed Homage.........

hiker01

Assembled another Rad Homage, this time using an old dial that I painted with three layers of paint.....red/yellow/black and then distressed it by using a Scotch-Brite Heavy Duty Scrub Sponge........

When I got just the right effect/look, I applied 3 coats of Glow Inc. Ultra Blue Lume to the hour markers and a coat on the hands (Drying time=24 Hrs each coat)!

Here we go:

The Dial after the 2nd coat of Lume (I used the Pink or #60 flat screw driver to apply the lume):

pimpin.jpg

Lume shot before assembly and final buffing of the dial:

after2ndcoat.jpg

Back and movement after it was installed on the case (Movement is the PVD Asian 6497-1 from Getat):

pvd6497.jpg

Pictures of the assembled watch .....with a twist:

Front:

distressedrad.jpg

distressedrad1.jpg

distressedrad2.jpg

Back:

distressedradbak.jpg

Trying to capture the PVD color of the movement:

distressedradbak1.jpg

Lume shots:

distressedradlume.jpg

A 10 minutes later:

distressedradlume1.jpg

and the wristie:

distressedradwrst.jpg

The watch is cool - dunno about the askew dial, but hey, it's YOUR watch! What's really hard to take your eyes off of is the Jean Claude Van Dam dance sequence. Wow. Captivating in a way that's making me wonder what exactly is so captivating about it.

Thanks guys!

@ubi, the dial orientation was inspired by the Vacheron Constantin American 1921, one of there expensive model!

Awesome project, bro, I'll have to check out that Vach... :good: What it made me think of, is the jogger's watches, which have the angled dial, for easy viewing :)

@hackr........I dont think so!

@tj........Dude that watch is unique and I wish they would REP it! Just beautiful!

Here's how it looks:

vacheronconstantinameri.jpg

vacheronconstantinameri.jpg

I'm not a gold fan, but that certainly is one gorgeous watch :) You could certainly do a Panerai version of it with an RG case :)

I checked out the lume company to see about getting some of the lume paint, but they don't export it pre-mixed :bangin: