When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

WM9 v1 mods to do.

highoeyazmuhudee

Hey guys I came across a WM9v1 and was wondering what mods this puppy needs.

The crown looks great, nice sharp teeth and looks to be correct width (better than the euromariner crown)

CGs need doing

The dial print is kind of faint looking so thats gotta go, WM9v2 w/superlume on hand with matching hands

rehaut has engraving, but I dont trust myself to smooth it off, engraving isn't that bad.

Crystal is nice and clear but the date mag kind of sucks, so Clarks 295 with C gasket coming in.

bezel insert print is kind of fat, bezel teeth are kind of shallow SO WM9v2 bezel ring, retaining ring and GENUINE insert on hand

Noob bracelet, WM9v1 clasp or noob clasp.... hmmm have both. Which to use?

Date wheel print is kind of thin, how's it compare to the noob? should I sawp for a noob date overlay instead or is the thin datewheel print better?

Did I miss anything you guys can recommend or would change from my initial recipe?

thanks

PIC: LEFT: EUROMARINER w/wm9v2 bezelring and gen insert / RIGHT: WM9v1 fully stock

post-10838-125807412721_thumb.jpg

Why would you change the bracelet as the SELs are the best ever done on a Sub replica? I recall the clasp coronet is perfect on v1 as well.

I actually installed the v1 SELs on my v2. They're SO much better.

I would just do the crown guards and live with it. I loved the "flat S" on my v1. Such a great Sub... the only reason I got v2 was the lume.

This was mine. Loved it.

They are pretty nice, it's just the solid mid links as an inaccuracy that bothers me personally.

And the dial print is too faint and not SL'd,

I just cant decide if the datewheel print is good or not. i.e too thin.

thats a nice one ya got there by-tor, how do you find the stock cyclops on yours?

It is interesting that you posted this. I had a BKmariner and I upgraded to the gen construction Euromariner case. This was before BK had the WM9. Yesterday I just upgraded that to a WM9 v2 dial and hand set. I love the glow of the super luminova. I am very happy with this watch. A while back I got a watch material pearl as well.

on the stiff turning bezel, if the clicking is loud, the stiffness is most likely the click wire being too bent. Just straighten the click wire some. If clicking is soft, the fit between the bezel and the retaining ring might be the problem. Check if the bezel is bent/warped. It's hard to flatten a bent/warped sub bezel though. The spring plate can be another reason if the clicking is soft. Check if it's bent/warped. Also you can sand it thinner.

-bk