When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My Third Dial relume

TeeJay

Getting there TJ! Definitely need to get yourself a loupe, or better yet, one of the magnifying head bands from birdman's tools. I have one and with my glasses it works perfectly! I just checked his site and he doesn't have the one that I bought listed any more, but it was one that comes with 4 different magnification inserts and a little light on the top of it.

Getting there TJ! Definitely need to get yourself a loupe, or better yet, one of the magnifying head bands from birdman's tools. I have one and with my glasses it works perfectly! I just checked his site and he doesn't have the one that I bought listed any more, but it was one that comes with 4 different magnification inserts and a little light on the top of it.

Thanks, bro, I think something like one of those head bands would definitely be a help, but to be honest, I found the main problem was the size of the tool. I did actually manage to get a cat's whisker and taped it to a pencil, but it wasn't rigid enough to pick up the paint, so I might have to try shortening the length of the whisker :)

Even ZM uses a loupe TJ :thumbsupsmileyanim:

it should make a difference .... but getting better with every go Ma Man !!

AC

R

It's not so much that I'm trying to 'fly solo' and see just what I can do without a loupe, just a case that I haven't got the magnification equipment to use, and really wanted to try the FM dial today. As Dirty Harry said, "A man's gotta know his limitations..." I know that it's not the tidiest of the jobs I've done so far, but I think much of that was down to the size of the tool being too large for the small serifs... I'm still feeling empowered though, and pleased with what I've managed to do :)

Excellent job TeeJay.

Don't think you're going to get any beter than that without some sort of magnification.

I started luming by eye, and when I bought a loupe I couldn't quite believe what a difference it made.

I would take Toadt up on his generous offer and have a go. I also have a 10x hand held that you could have. PM me if you need it.

Hey T...if you DON'T wear glasses, PM your address...I'll mail a loupe out to you. It's not a great one...but better than nothing. I use glasses so use one that clips on one of my pairs...the other one didn't work for me.

Thanks for the offer, S, but I do indeed wear glasses... I had looked at some reading glasses in a store which had +3 magnification, but I'm not sure if that would be enough...

Excellent job TeeJay.

Don't think you're going to get any beter than that without some sort of magnification.

I started luming by eye, and when I bought a loupe I couldn't quite believe what a difference it made.

I would take Toadt up on his generous offer and have a go. I also have a 10x hand held that you could have. PM me if you need it.

Thanks, R, I'm still waiting to try out the new 'whisker brush', but I think you're right about the need for magnification :)

PM on the way :)