When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Bubble Back great condidtion

lanikai

Remember I posted this watch earlier this week..

I took it into a collector today since I was checking on my beloved Doxa, his watch smith is working on the bezel ..

He places it mid~1940's ..I was offered ridiculous money for it a long while ago.. but decided to hold on to it..

he slowly came around to saying he would be interested in a trade if I was so inclined..as I was viewing a TT DJ.. and some vintage Explorer's the Date Just was listed @3500 usd .. very good price IMO.. it is used but looked fresh out of the box..

the guy sells more Pam EL's daily than we buy reps.. :(

He may have a genuine case for my 9411 from a contact .... I felt it was time to fish a little with my Ubifranken 9411.. my take on bringing on the topic of my rep case is:... his opinion of me came about over time and hopefully knowing my character, instead of judging me by reps first off..

I told him of what I had in my 9411 and that I have a genuine 1680 NOS bezel on it's way and .... would he consider swapping the bezel for me.. he said"'no problem".. then added he may be able to source a genuine case if I was interested.. (I would rather send it up North, for work .. but the traveling of the watch would have me a nervous wreck..)

so I have some choices to make with my Bubble Back..

My question is what is this worth in trade ??.. as I would want to have an idea of my own.. before negotiations.. it's kind of exciting to think of what I may be able to procure with a trade..

Thought's and opinions would be greatly appreciated.. B)

AC

Lani

My Bubble Back

vintgerolex014.jpg

vintgerolex013.jpg

vintgerolex016.jpg

vintgerolex008.jpg

vintgerolex019.jpg

vintgerolex004.jpg

vintgerolex005.jpg

vintgerolex003.jpg

vintgerolex012.jpg

vintgerolex007.jpg

My estimate... worth maybe three grand tops

Price around, I guessed this on about five minutes on google. Unless it's a very rare dial (and even then) they're not worth very much.

I still think it's a beauty and well worth keeping. Good luch whatever you decide Lani.

Cheers,

JJ

Here's a pic of my bubble back, with a very rare dial... yet still not worth very much (at least compared to other rare gens) :(

8c2c53b6.jpg

My estimate... worth maybe three grand tops

Price around, I guessed this on about five minutes on google. Unless it's a very rare dial (and even then) they're not worth very much.

I still think it's a beauty and well worth keeping. Good luch whatever you decide Lani.

Cheers,

JJ

Here's a pic of my bubble back, with a very rare dial... yet still not worth very much (at least compared to other rare gens) :(

8c2c53b6.jpg

Thanks JJ .. I was thinking a little less.. the market is very, very soft right now.. but it's good to know at least 3k as a starting point.. not worth trading .. IMO.. in the 90's these would of gotten a lot more.. but that was then and this is now..

thanks for the time.. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Not likely to fetch more than around $2100.00.

I would keep it unless you really like the DJ. They are bringing about $1800.00 - $2400.00 for the older models.

But hey, what do I know :-)

Thanks K.. with JJ and your advice.. I'll just keep it.. it's in great shape for an ole broad.. :lol: .. get a nice band for it and strap it on someday.