When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Package Transit Time

cdk847

This is my first time having a package shipped from China. It is coming by Airmail from a reputable "collector" on this forum. He says I should have it in 7-10 Days, but that sounds funny to me. :unsure: I am in New York. How fast should I expect it to be, having done this many times before... I appreciate your input... :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Once you receive a EMS tracking number it takes 3 day's for the parcel to leave China.. the tracking numbers are given out before the parcel is actually taken to the post ..

it will be 4 to 5 days from the time it leaves China for it to arrive on the East Coast.. considering the cut backs in Units that USPS has been mandated and the cut back in hours of Postal workers, parcels are taking a day or 2 longer...

Also tracking on the USPS site is spotty these day's due to the cut backs .. they are supposed to update every 24 hours ... but at times they may not update.. so if your parcel reads like it's stuck in one spot it's usually because they have not updated the tracking not that your parcel is actually not moving..

I've received parcels that were noted to still be in Customs recently... so don't stress it's just the sign of the times. :)

AC

Lani

Thank you all so much. For some reason I thought it was going to take a month! Anyway, I await the arrival of my new watch and will post a review when it arrives.... :yeah:

You are getting it shipped "EMS" (express)?

if it's registered it could take 2 to 3 weeks..

AC

Lani

Watches from Collectors who do QC and photo approval take a Month to arrive. Drop-shippers are normally much faster.

I take issue with that statement.. as my dealer QC's for 2 to 3 day's before it's "drop shipped" .. it all depends what contacts the dealers have in GZ.. and whom is doing the shipping for them..some collectors have their own contact in GZ separate from the makers shipper..

some dealers who ship to EU may use different logistics to get the package safely to it's destination.. taking a little longer for the package to arrive.. but I have never heard of a dealer who takes 1 month unless it's a special order and the dealer is going to China from another location in Asia..

But regardless .. good luck with your precious cargo.. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

AC

Lani

To be honest I am unsure how it was sent. It's Silix's "standard" shipping, and it does have a tracking number...

As long as the tracking # doesn't start with C P.

You may not know, but this is a world wide designation for '"carrier pigeon".

Now there is nothing wrong with C P deliveries ( a bit slower), however the quality of bird, is in direct proportion, to the country of origin.

And if your item is ex China, the C P service from there, is not the best, as they basically use young, immature, almost "slave labour" birds. (does help keep the post cost down though)

In fact I think Dems and others may have some more insight into this phenomena, so I will leave this one to the experts. :)

Offshore

It begins with RB... Does that help?

I believe the "RB" is registered.. the express that has been coming out of China is "EE" .. try checking with your dealer.. or if this was a "free shipping" it most likely will be registered.. there is usually an extra charge for express (30usd)

registered will be a little over 2 weeks..