When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Lume-colour on a genuine fiddy

klocklind1

Is there anyone that know what lume it is on a genuine Fiddy ( pam 127 !) ?

Is it superluminova C1 or C3 or a mix of both of them?

The first gen I saw had white hands and white in the dial, both C1. Unless Panerai is using the BW9, which is white like C1 but glows much brighter. Breitling uses this for their white lume.

The second gen I saw had white hands and more of a green dial. More green like C5 as C3 is yellow.

I think it has been discussed around here that Panerai adjust their lume color from time to time during series changes.

:drinks:

I have seen 3 different variations of Fiddy's and they are all C3. I am too lazy but I posted pics of a gen dial taken apart for reluming somewhere here so you can find it if you like. The hands are definitely C3 as well. Just remember Panerai paints the underside of their hands with white paint which is one of the reasons why they look and glow differently.

Thanks all for that information!

I am on my way to send my DSN hands to The Zigmeister but want them lumed in the best, most genuine way!

I think the dial is lumed with C3!

So I shall say to Z that he shall put some white paint on the back of the hands or ?

BTW : DSN says he has both C1 and C3 but I think they do not look like C1 or C3????

Does anyone here know what lume DSN is using?

Here's a side by side comparison review found on the net

You cannot judge the difference in crystal distortion from these pics because of the angles..

although there is a very slight difference in the reflection of the charged lume on the crystal..

and the AR is a bit stronger on the rep. than it is on the genuine ..

raph182.jpg

the main detail in the crystal for me is the distortion in the 12 with the gen~Rep..

slight but the genuine 12 is a little tighter in the genuine.. still the rep crystal is well done..

unless you really knew what you were looking for.

Notice the distortion of the 12 in this pic of the rep is "spread" from this angle

fiddy024.jpg

Again in this pic the optical distortion is loose.. Panerai has ..IMO.. one of the best optical..

their cyclops is unbelievable.. the date font can be viewed clearly form a meter or more away..

Kruzers cyclop project was very well done .. I have it on my 029

fiddy015.jpg

raph191.jpg

A pic of the rep AR.. the genuine has a very faint blue hue.. but it really depends on the angle of the crystal

fiddy005.jpg

fiddy013.jpg

Ohh sorry.. got carried away.. the lume is white on the genuine.. as it is on the rep .. dial by DSN btw

AC

Lani

Here's a side by side comparison review found on the net

You cannot judge the difference in crystal distortion from these pics because of the angles..

although there is a very slight difference in the reflection of the charged lume on the crystal..

and the AR is a bit stronger on the rep. than it is on the genuine ..

raph182.jpg

the main detail in the crystal for me is the distortion in the 12 with the gen~Rep..

slight but the genuine 12 is a little tighter in the genuine.. still the rep crystal is well done..

unless you really knew what you were looking for.

Notice the distortion of the 12 in this pic of the rep is "spread" from this angle

fiddy024.jpg

Again in this pic the optical distortion is loose.. Panerai has ..IMO.. one of the best optical..

their cyclops is unbelievable.. the date font can be viewed clearly form a meter or more away..

Kruzers cyclop project was very well done .. I have it on my 029

fiddy015.jpg

raph191.jpg

A pic of the rep AR.. the genuine has a very faint blue hue.. but it really depends on the angle of the crystal

fiddy005.jpg

fiddy013.jpg

Ohh sorry.. got carried away.. the lume is white on the genuine.. as it is on the rep .. dial by DSN btw

AC

Lani

Thanks Lani for thoose pictures

Do You mean that DSN has the right lume on his hands( I do not think it is C3 on them !!!)

My DSN fiddy hands is not at all the same colour as my The Zigmeister lumed dials and hands I have !!!!

DSN seems to use DIFFERENT lume on the hands and dial!!??

Thanks Lani for thoose pictures

Do You mean that DSN has the right lume on his hands( I do not think it is C3 on them !!!)

My DSN fiddy hands is not at all the same colour as my The Zigmeister lumed dials and hands I have !!!!

DSN seems to use DIFFERENT lume on the hands and dial!!??

My DSN hands are correct.. that does not mean that the rest of his reps are consistent. my fiddy started off as a Eddie Lee.. and ended up a DSN.. dial .. hands .. crystal..EL had the "exploding" crystal episodes..

It is likely that he took care to match the set on my fiddy(I bought them seperate from his cmplete watch).. or he could be using another lume now.. generally his lume is too green for the Pams, I have received hands that were way green .. not matching the dial from DSN :lol: ..this is part of the hobby though.. DSN still has the best Pams..

but Ziggy will surely make it right, as he has done with other hands I had from DSN..it will be a vast improvement either way you look at it.. I'm sourcing parts for a Ziggy unique fiddy right now.. :)

AC

Lani

Genuine Fiddy's are pure 100% C3.

The problem with a photograph is that the camera wants to correctly expose the black dial, which makes the lume over exposed and white looking...it isn't white, it's yellow/green C3.

I have checked and confirmed it on a genuine Fiddy dial, Kruzer's dial in fact...

I paint the back of all the hands I lume with RC Tritec white reflective paint, just like they do on the gen's.

Genuine Fiddy's are pure 100% C3.

The problem with a photograph is that the camera wants to correctly expose the black dial, which makes the lume over exposed and white looking...it isn't white, it's yellow/green C3.

I have checked and confirmed it on a genuine Fiddy dial, Kruzer's dial in fact...

I paint the back of all the hands I lume with RC Tritec white reflective paint, just like they do on the gen's.

Thanks Rob!

You ALWAYS has a good answer on our questions :thumbsupsmileyanim:

My DSN hands are correct.. that does not mean that the rest of his reps are consistent. my fiddy started off as a Eddie Lee.. and ended up a DSN.. dial .. hands .. crystal..EL had the "exploding" crystal episodes..

It is likely that he took care to match the set on my fiddy(I bought them seperate from his cmplete watch).. or he could be using another lume now.. generally his lume is too green for the Pams, I have received hands that were way green .. not matching the dial from DSN :lol: ..this is part of the hobby though.. DSN still has the best Pams..

but The Zigmeister will surely make it right, as he has done with other hands I had from DSN..it will be a vast improvement either way you look at it.. I'm sourcing parts for a The Zigmeister unique fiddy right now.. :)

AC

Lani

Thanks Lani!

Good luck with Your project!

Post pictures if it when it is finished :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I have seen 3 different variations of Fiddy's and they are all C3. I am too lazy but I posted pics of a gen dial taken apart for reluming somewhere here so you can find it if you like. The hands are definitely C3 as well. Just remember Panerai paints the underside of their hands with white paint which is one of the reasons why they look and glow differently.

Hi Kruzer,

I remember seeing a post here a while back from someone (could be you) with three types of gen fiddy dials, but can't seem to find it now under the new RWG. Had the link previously but none of them works now. If you know where the new link is or had the old pics, can you please repost here? I am really interested in seeing the three variations again. :)