When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Bentley GMT - Gen & Rep (Pics)

PeteM

So this is my first try at taking and posting photos of a watch. And I have to start by saying I take my hat off to you guys who regularly do! I just thought take a pic and off you go but no, even with the tutuorial on here I found it difficult. The lighting the position the focus everything then you got to edit and load em.

Now - when I look at some of the photos posted on here especially the macros I will appreciate them all the more. Anyway I will get better so apologies to all those camera buffs out there. Need to concentrate on cleaning them more as well!!

These are some pics of my Gen Bentley GMT and a Rep GMT I came across from a known dealer on here or RG cant remember now. ( Might Edit later)

I havent seen any decent reps of this one yet but I am sure it will come, I think getting the GMT function might be problematic having read other posts though I would stand corrected.

The weight of the rep is at least half of the gen. The sub-dials are wrong as there is no chrono on this, The GMT hand is the seconds hand so is continually sweeping unlike the gen. The dial colour is different more of a bright white. The GMT dial is incorrect there arent enough cities. The fonts are all wrong, The case is smaller with incorrect scaling of the crown the GMT pusher and chrono buttons. Generally this is a poor replica but for $100 its a nice watch it keeps good time and for a mineral glass it performs well in glare. It isnt in MHO a rep but more of a tribute!!

Its an Asian Automatic Movement (21 Jewel)

The last pic is a side by side of the GMT with an SA just for size comparison.

Side by side - Rep is on the left

4114945048_796fb22d64_o.jpg

Gen in its box

4114941802_e3c97d3e24_o.jpg

This pic dont do it justice the gleam or bling you get off it can be awesome

4114185925_678604024b_o.jpg

The whole dial looks subdue but you must blame the photographer the watch sparkles

4114952490_1bf48144e0_o.jpg

The Rep in gen box

4114949936_58e6337d20_o.jpg

4114160877_ff17fee2e3_b.jpg

The Rep

4114947266_a3dc0513f8_o.jpg

4114931248_406d6695c7_b.jpg

4114928764_a5a3dd22bc_b.jpg

This is the Gen next to an SA for an idea of scale.

4114926832_964f2a75bd_b.jpg

I have had the SA gen and I have to say the GMT just blows it away, yes I know look at price etc, but the way it sits on your wrist, the balance the look the quality its just poles apart!! Also the size of the dial the small bezel makes this watch look so much bigger on the wrist unlike the SA which does look big but that size is lost somewhat by the bezel and its height on the wrist the GMT is about the same depth as a 6.75

Dont get me wrong I love my SA's but I was so dubious on buying the GMT as I have had most of the Breitling 48mm's but these photos really dont do it justice, its a great watch.

Wheres a great rep and it coming?

Thanks for looking (PS I would appreciate any help on my Advanced Search topic in the GD Sub Forum no ones replied yet )

Wow! The gen is a very handsome piece, its size appears bigger than even the SA! Wowsers

i bet the boys down at Upton Park are impressed too!

It is definitely bigger physically, not by much though. The GMT in the pic is laying back slightly whereas the SA is upright. Having said that the watch definitely looks bigger on the wrist I suppose because theres more dial or maybe because of the reduced depth. but certainly everybody who comments on it says it looks a lot bigger than my SA's.

Wouldnt wear it up the boleyn! As most of our results recently have left me in shock I decided to wear a Casio G shock!!! :(

Nice! Love the Bentley GMT. Do you swap betwen the bracelet and strap a lot? The rubber strap adds some nice contrast to the GMT I feel.

I know my wife has the black face around the house some where for me.....Is it Dec. 25th yet? :whistling:

Dont like the feel of the strap, and I only wear rubber with my gimp mask so I couldnt use the watch anyway!!

It does look a good contrast though but for me only to look at.