When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My First Digital Purchase in a Looong time.....

cc

Hey Guys,

On a recent trip to visit my sister in San Francisco recently, I never would have thought to have purchased another digital watch. We went to Haight and Ashbury shopping around and noticed something in a boutique display case. A limited Surfriders Foundation G-Shock!! Note that I have been donating to the Surfrider Foundation since my high school days and am a supporter to fight ocean pollution/preservation. My best mate's family owns a major wetsuit company in Southern California and are also huge supporters. Anyway, I didn't know that G-Shock and Surfrider Foundation released a collaboration watch highlight their 25 years of commitment to protecting our coastlines worldwide.

Here's some info:

G-Shock has joined forces with the Surfrider Foundation to celebrate 25 years of protecting the world

I love it! The connotations, your history with regard and the watch. As first generation 'Merican from Scotland, I'm also first generation 'surfer', but I've handed down the torch. This year's planned Christmas Card:

Xmas2009.jpg

As far as 'quartz' goes; "Quartz, when you absolutely, positively, have to be there on time. Not within +/- 3 minutes on time."

Not sure who said that, but I bet it were a pilot. Probably me.

Great watch, and you'll probably find this will appreciate in value. Anecdotally, Gshocks are considered the most accurate and toughest watches in the world. I bought my atomic as a tool to set my other watches by. This is a good one! congrats!

If you want to see some gshock candy check out the watchuseek section on them.