When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Warranty Cards - Do they have a value?

PeteM

I was rummaging through some old stuff and found the genuine wallet, warranty card, chrono certificate, and spec card with pictograms etc and a gen wooden omega box in white cardboard box.

Can anyone tell me if these items have a value? The watch itself was lost in the mediteranean some years ago.

To some scammers yes!

Maybe 6-7 months ago there was a lot of 40-50 Breitling Warranty books on eBay. The auction went through the roof, before eBay shut it down. If someone would have purchased them with ill intentions, they could have really done some damage pawning reps off as gens to the unsuspecting person who thinks "Well all the paperwork is there, must be real." Gen Books, wallets, hang tags, etc. are always sought after by rep. and gen. owners alike.

:drinks:

Never really thought about the dark side of it, I'll sling the cards and put the box away again its too nice to sling out almost looks worth putting out as an ornament!! :)

Never really thought about the dark side of it, I'll sling the cards and put the box away again its too nice to sling out.

DON'T do THAT, man! Whether or not you have the watch anymore, the cards and box are still a part of Omega history. It's ridiculous to throw them in the trash can. Either keep them yourself, for posterity, or if you REALLY want to sell them, then sell them to a trusted fellow RWG member, but don't TRASH them! That's horrible. :(

I got the impression from the tone of the replies that there was no value except to the more unscrupulous people.

The idea of keeping the cards really doesnt interest me but I would of thought it better to destroy them rather than let them fall into the wrong hands not necessarily now but maybe when I hang up my boots!

The only reason I am keeping the box is because of the workmanship of it, its a solid high gloss hardwood box with velvet inlay and a large chrome Omega emblem on the front.

I can appreciate the comment on history, I think. But I suppose as its modern and reasonably commonplace I dont look at it like that. I do have an old Omega pocket watch from the 20's 30's or 40's and one from the 80's I dont know anything about them to be honest, except they were me Dads and Grandads watches (hence why I bought Omegas) and Omega couldnt/wouldnt help unless I sent them to Switzerland for them to see. So in that respect I do appreciate the history.

I have a gen speedmaster bought an an auction with no paperwork or box too - It's not that unusual that people throw away those things. :bangin:

My brother won an Omega 007 Seamaster in a cinema contest about 10 years ago and it was sent to him in a bubbly envelope without any paperwork or box. An AD confirmed the watch at the first service and it's still running.

So at least a couple of people need boxes without being scammers :rolleyes:

If they are for an omega Speedmaster then I will buy them from you as my gen speedy did not have any of these.

Sorry mate, They are for a Seamaster The James Bond Professional Diver 2531.80. Ironically I lost it in the Meditteranean sea!!