When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My Breitling Chrono-matic

GoFaster

In fact it's a micro rotor under chronos brigde...if I remember well, when you get out the dial you can see it.....it is a very little Rotor...but this Movement can have the Automatic Name !

Ah yes, and you move the watch you can hear the rotor running

Edited by GoFaster

yes...you have to remove one of the upper bridges to see the micro rotor...

man...that's a beautiful movement...

do the chronos all work and reset fine...have you timed this watch - even with a computer clock?...

shame on the chrono hands (especially the 3 o'clock subdial one - looks pretty worn or it was put on scratched or something...odd as the rest of the dial looks fine...the lume is cracking off - but that's to be expected for a 20 year old watch...

nice!...

R-

Well, look at the value of your watch first. I saw a pristine example of it on ebay going for about $2600. Yours has the incorrect chrono hands, and the pointer hands aren't in too good shape either, but I'd wouldn't value it at anything less than $16-$1800. I just did a quick ebay search and found this Mark IV for $1200...

cfc3_12.JPG

Of course, you can talk about the value of vintage watches until you are blue in the face, until you have an actual buyer its all subjective.

Thank You Andreww for your post and help !

Yep you right, I've seen Mark IV on the bay for 1000 or 1200$...

Now on mine a good visit to a watchmaker would be good...I asked today to a friend swiss watchmaker and told me that it was very easy to repair these problems and as You told me that this chrono-matic cost around 1500-1800$ minimum...

I don't think now this Omega would be a good deal... if it was a more recent Speedmaster, why not !

I really don't know what to do with this Breit'... I need cash to buy a New Watch ! But don't want let it for nothing !

I wear it from yesterday and it runs perfectly...I have adjusted it on a Guess Quartz and for the moment it has lost nothing... so a good point!

If your watchmaker says its an easy repair, then I'd do that. Really not sure that he would be able to source gen hands for it though.

My advice to you would be to decide what you are looking for, then seek out a fair trade. There might even be some guys that would trade a few nice reps for it.

Yes Andreww, my watchmaker told that to me... I don't know where he will find the Complet Hands but maybe Breitling have always Vintage parts in stock... as Rolex

In first I would sell it for Cash and after if it's not sold, I will maybe envisage a Rep' deal... must see

I would like buy a Gen Rolex Sub ...but expensive

Hello,

some news about my Chrono-matic deal and Need Help !

A guy propose me a trade and has few Watches:

and he has a Tudor Sub Snowflake (I'm waiting for pics)

Zenith Elprimero 1972 diving model

chrono Gold omega 27 (don't know this one...will look on the web)

I'm very interested in the Tudor Snowflake :thumbsupsmileyanim: