When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My Breitling Chrono-matic

GoFaster

Hi all,

start this Topic only to show you my Breitling Chrono-matic bi-compax.

I have bought it 5 or 6 years ago and was in box...

It's a Nice SS watch with a Real Vintage Look !!! We love it or not...

I think many members know this model and I would like have more infos about it because on the web we find a lot of different chrono-matic.

I have not opened the caseback then I don't know if the movement is a Cal.11 or 12... normaly with chrono 12 and 30 I think it's Cal.11 but not sure...

I think the Chrono hands have been changed because I have not found a chrono-matic with hands like that... or a rare model... but I don't think !

About the size, it's a 40mm.

I will try to find a tool to open the caseback and take pics to show You !

dscf0001pg.th.jpg

dscf0002tq.th.jpg

dscf0003x.th.jpg

dscf0004i.th.jpg

dscf0005o.th.jpg

dscf0006m.th.jpg

dscf0007kv.th.jpg

dscf0008d.th.jpg

dscf0009w.th.jpg

dscf0010o.th.jpg

That's a great watch.

How would you compare the Seagull-powered rep to this one? I doubt it's very accurate but is it even "semi-decent"?

PS: We don't have separate gen/rep sections... all watches go to the same brand subforums. Most of our members own both gens and reps.

Ah... but I have a feeling that Breitling and TAG both call them "calibre XXX" but simply use the basic ETA with a changed rotor. :D

I have no facts though... just guessing as neither brands rarely use inhouse movements anywhere.

Ah... but I have a feeling that Breitling and TAG both call them "calibre XXX" but simply use the basic ETA with a changed rotor. :D

I have no facts though... just guessing as neither brands rarely use inhouse movements anywhere.

True - if this is the original Chronomatic though- it appears the movement was developed by collaboration with Zenith, Breitling, et al - again, nothing "concrete" to back this up- just brief research- hopefully a true Breit expert will step in soon enough.

Btw By-Tor, an aside- has the SFSO gen deal gone through yet?

S.

Btw By-Tor, an aside- has the SFSO gen deal gone through yet?

Unfortunately that deal tanked. The guy acted like it was the only SFSO in the world.

But no worries... I'll find one soon. My only problem is that I want it shipped from the EU and there simply aren't as much offerings here. Ironic, isn't it... they're all European watches and 90% of the preowned offerings are in the USA. Of course we have stores like Blowers Jewellers but their prices are just laughable.

Unfortunately that deal tanked. The guy acted like it was the only SFSO in the world.

But no worries... I'll find one soon. My only problem is that I want it shipped from the EU and there simply aren't as much offerings here. Ironic, isn't it... they're all European watches and 90% of the preowned offerings are in the USA. Of course we have stores like Blowers Jewellers but their prices are just laughable.

Sucks- sorry to hear that- yeah it is ironic that the majority of the preowned watches are in the USA... Blowers is absurd- I've never found anything in the EU to be cheaper than the US watch wise once all is said and done. Maybe you'll have to take a trip over to the USA soon thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I think the movement is well a Cal.11 or 12.

I've seen they have been made by Breitling with Heuer and another maker but I must verif.

A thing I'm sure it's that I have bought it, we have opened it and the Kalibre was really really nice !!! The Micro rotor under the Bridge is really spectacular when it's the first time you see this system !

Hey I'm in EU and I've seen a lot of vintage watches but that's right they are always expensive !!! Sometime you see anyone with a Rare model of Rolex or Breitling or other... and they have bought it for nothing years ago... before INTERNET !!!! ;)

Tomorrow I will open it and show you the pics... :clapping:

Hey look at this website:

http://breitling-collectors-club.com/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=29

All movement that we find in this style of chrono-matic:

Kaliber 11, 11-2, 12, 14, 15

And where they speak about mine:

http://breitling-collectors-club.com/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=100

very interesting !!!

Edited by GoFaster

Hello All,

I come back with an Important question about this Breitling.

I will sell it on Ebay but don't know excatly what price I can sell it...

Yes because I have bought it without papers and box... the strap isn't the original one and I think the chrono's hands has been changed...

Then have you got an idea ???

I've seen a new watch that I would like buy...

I have posted a message on Timezone to ask the same question.

I don't think it costs millions of $ but don't want give it for nothing...

Thank You all for your Help

Hi HackR !

In fact I will open it tomorrow... I told that there is 3 days ago... :g:

I must find the good tool because don't want damage it !

After about the Sale... I was looking for the Upgrade Account but I don't understand everything... I must ask to an admin.

If anyone is interested in it why not but I don't want problems in speaking sale without having an Upgrade account... :bangin:

If anyone propose me a good trade to another watches why not too... but I'm curious too see on Ebay because I've seen few Chrono-matic but was between 1000 - 1500

GoFaster -

i am not an expert...but i would have taken a few more pix and posted them here first...and then gain some advice on price...we have some amazing members here who value vintage pieces, but moreover, have great insight on the pre-owned market...

it's a nice piece...did you ever sort out what movement and did you take any pix of it...many here would love to see it and/or assist...

R-

Thank You Rob for your messages !

Yep I will take pics of the Movement...

One thing is strange is that if I have well understand this model has normaly Cal.11 or 11-2 steel color...and the Cal.12 has Yellow gold color...and if I remember well, when I have bought this Breit I have opened it and I think the Kaliber was yellow not SS... but not really sure... will verif that in opening it !

So sure I will post pics of Kaliber... a friend will give me a tool to open it !