When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pam 222 Movement

archibald

Just got off the phone w/ my local watchsith--we were discussng a little project to improve the 222 and other asia powered pams that I and a couple of our RWG compadres have been working on and he started talking about how good the movement was, which shocked me because normally he's not a fan of the chinese movements I bring in. He couldn't believe the power reserve @ 5:00, said t looked like it was designed into the movement and not added on like most of the other "modded" chinese movements he's seen, said the parts and finish were nearly ETA quality--"scary what the chinese are doing," he said.

I had been under the impression that the movement was a modified version of the "standard" asia 21J movement we've seen since day one. No f'n way, says he. "Are you sure?" I asked. He tells me that he didn't believe it was a chinese movement, that he thought it must have been japanese, and actually took the time to look it up on the web. So he sends me link to our buddies over at seagull. Sure enough,on what is apparently their new products page is the Seagull 2530.

Based on my conversations w/ my smith, this guy is no fan of the chinese (he's vietnamese) so if he gives them props, they've earned them. Sorry if this is old news--Thought you guys might be interesed in some more evidence of why seagull might be causing some mild concern along the shores of lake geneva...

post-53-1156893083_thumb.jpg

post-53-1156893109_thumb.jpg

mine 222 stopped working 2-3 weeks ago....it simply won't wind....the PR hand won't move...I've asked EL what to do...he said to wind it for 100 times, and to shake it for 2 min...but without effect....

now my 222 sits in my watchbox and i don't know what to do.... :(

It is true that most of the replicas we get are powered by Sea-Gull.

Try and spot them: http://jearle.free.fr/pugwash/

Great job combining those movement pages--very useful! I didn't know my Crazy Hours uses their "2836" movement. Wonder if they did the mods on it, or the rep factory...

I think my watchmakers point was that he's noticed a definite step forward in the latest generation of seagull movements--in the past he has been highly critical of their construction in relation to ETA. He says they have a way to go, but it's scary how quickly they're coming along.

He's about to see a new Asia 7750, which should suitably blow his mind.