When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How to assemble Sub Bezel

krbarnes

I just received a WM9 case set from BK for my Sub, and ordered a Watchmaterial bezel insert, but here's my question:

How does the bezel assembly go together. My old case had a totally different type of bezel, but the new one has a gen style.

DO you place the crystal and gasket on the case, and then press the bottom bezel ring on to "fasten" everything? Anyone have any diagrams, or tutorials?

Thanks!

I'm not aware of a tutorial, but you have it right.

Place the gasket in place, then position the crystal making sure the cyclops is correctly positioned and press it into place w/ the crystal press.

Then position the retaining ring and press it into place

Put the flat washer on, get the click spring into place and finally press the bezel on- may be able to do that w/ your thumbs. Give it a spin to make sure everything is OK.

be sure to get the retaining ring on level or it'll affect everything above it. OH and theres a little rubber gasket that goes in the bottom of it, be sure to grease that first before assembling or it wont be water tight afterwards.

I too am assembling a wm9 project, waiting on a new click spring from JO. Clarks costs more but his parts are better quality and he ships A LOT faster despite being geographically farther from me than JO.

Thanks guys. That's exactly what I was looking for.

Just one more question. Is there a proper "rotation" for the bezel retaining ring (does it matter where he spring-wire is located? Is it normally around the 12 o'clock position?)

I found this picture online. Is this the proper installation for the retaining ring?

post-25204-125902005954_thumb.jpg

I put the hole for the click spring at the 5 minute position also, end of spring at twelve o'clock. Then I position the insert with the pearl at twelve and press down towards six with bezel assembly. That way as you're pressing the bezel into place, you're keeping the click spring in place. I've been able to press my bezels on w/ my thumbs, including my gen 16800.