When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Latest DSSD I picked up.

Guest techlogik

Guest techlogik

Picked this up from Hont. Overall satisfied. Only real complaint is the bezel pearl lume is not as bright as the rest. Otherwise, for the money, Swiss (asian) movement, I am satisfied overall.

Dial print is straight as it should be, markers have good silver around the lume dots, but not too much. Rehaut is good along with engraving. Bezel insert color and markings are all good, except the 10 marker is not even like all of them (can't figure out why they don't fix this which is easy). Caseback is good, nice markings and two piece as it should be. I am always amazed for the money, how they replicated the bracelet, that was probably some of the most difficult work, yet they can't get some other simple stuff right.

Anyway...enough, on with the photos...I don't have a light box, and didn't use a tripod...all hand shots.

37kvl.jpg

206ernm.jpg

23t02u0.jpg

2zfikpw.jpg

ingvo4.jpg

2e5mw4n.jpg

20gigkl.jpg

29c9o1t.jpg

mawbwk.jpg

2r39lra.jpg

33yqhkm.jpg

Guest techlogik

Tech,

With a better pearl and a Zig lume job, this baby would be NICE!!I wonder if the newest Eurotimez bezel insert/pearl would fit?

Arthur

Funny you ask that. The standard lume is actually pretty impressive on the dial/hands. The pearl lume is not so great, and the bulbous pearl is not quit Gen like.

I am waiting for a response from Eurotimez now about getting just the bezel insert with pearl/lume and how much.

I think it would fit...but only one way to find out...lol..

Then again, I actually have a few of these on order...I may find a different one and sell this one...who knows.

Thanks Neo, but I'm not sure that's the best remedy for this one. Actually, that bezel-insert/sanding mod you posted really only applies to metal inserts, not the ceramic ones. Cerachrom (high-tech ceramic) inserts don't respond well to sanding because they're meant to be tough as hell, and break extremely easily if too much pressure is applied. From V3-V5 the inserts should all be interchangeable.

Edited by gioarmani

Guest techlogik

I might just send it up to The Zigmeister with some other watches I am getting work done and have him do a pearl and lume right. That is really the only issue with this one...overall very pleased with it. With a bit of lovin'...it should look fantastic.

Like I said though, the dial/hands are actually very good..probably some of the best lume outside a modder on a rep.

Maybe just a bezel swap/pearl...and it would be good to go. I would be happy with that result also.

If I could source one of these that would be ideal I suppose.

2u9lgf5.jpg

Guest techlogik

@ Gio,

Oh ok.. I didn't realize that. Another member recommended me to your earlier post as he's mentioned that it should work. Haven't been able to try it yet either..

@ techlogik

I think we are able to get a v5 upgraded bezel. PM me if you're interested...

Thanks Neo..I sent a PM...I had also replied to Tom via email and asked about another watch I was looking for to see if you can source.

Appreciate the research, and would be great if you could source the bezel insert...

Guest techlogik

Would hont's upgraded DSSD be the same TT is offering? :unsure:

TrustyTime? I think Josh, Trusy, Hont and others have their Ultimate version. Then Eurotimez has their V5.

I would like to get a Eurotimez V5, but they need to get straight print on their dials...they can't seem to get that right.

Maybe I get a Euro, swap the dial with mine...should be golden then...haha...franken it to some extent.

TrustyTime? I think Josh, Trusy, Hont and others have their Ultimate version. Then Eurotimez has their V5.

I would like to get a Eurotimez V5, but they need to get straight print on their dials...they can't seem to get that right.

Maybe I get a Euro, swap the dial with mine...should be golden then...haha...franken it to some extent.

Dial looks excellent. They've certainly come a long way :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I hope your watch brings you years of joy .. but I have to ask .. you can't stand the dial print of the V5 but you have no trouble with the huge SEL gaps, too-large dial marker rims, protruding HEV, incorrect case back and as you mentioned the bubble pearl of this one you bought?

Again, as long you YOU like your watch, that's all that matters. I am simply asking how you can overlook these glaring faults but have been so vocal about dial print.

I hope your watch brings you years of joy .. but I have to ask .. you can't stand the dial print of the V5 but you have no trouble with the huge SEL gaps, too-large dial marker rims, protruding HEV, incorrect case back and as you mentioned the bubble pearl of this one you bought?

Again, as long you YOU like your watch, that's all that matters. I am simply asking how you can overlook these glaring faults but have been so vocal about dial print.

I have ordered the cartel one as well - choosing between the two I'd rather go with the one that's got the dial print straight! - I wouldn't trust a QC procedure where such a major fault can pass without them noticing :wounded1:

That being said I might order the V5 when there's a V5.59 with a straight dial :whistling:

IMHO any retard will spot the faulty dial print but it would take closer inspection to see the issues with the JADS -_-