When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Is there a thread to discuss and review the best rep out there?

yoman

What are the top 10 best super reps? I wanna get a couple of them but don't want people to notice, especially when dealing with people who have some knowledge of watches.

If you look on the reviews in the review section and the relevant links with in them that will get you started. Also its just a matter of searching the subforums but I suggest you decide on a few brands/models you like and go from there.

Good luck

What are the top 10 best super reps? I wanna get a couple of them but don't want people to notice, especially when dealing with people who have some knowledge of watches.

If you're dealing with people who 'know watches', and you don't want to be noticed, then keep it simple, ie Rolex DateJust, Omega Aqua Terra etc. Don't wear something which will stand out ;)

I agree with TeeJay,keep it simple and you will be safer. Also something I always look at is the person wearing the watch. I realize this isn't always a sure thing, but if you are the checkout guy at your local 7 Eleven, chances are you can't afford a Rolex Gold Day-Date, or a Blancpain etc. most young guys who are obviously in a entry level job simply can't afford those watches, and the young guys who can, aren't working a checkout counter as a hobby! It sort of follows the theory of what is plausible and realistic. If I see a well dressed woman at a cocktail party in our small town wearing a 2 carat diamond ring, well, pretty good chance it's real, but if she has a 5 carat rock on her finger and another 30 carats floating around her neck and hanging off her ears, then I'm pretty darn sure the whole lot are CZ's. We don't have any Hedge fund managers or Goldman bankers living here, so the folks who do have money usually are pretty conservative.The guys wear SS Rolexes, Omegas etc. but you very rarely see a gold watch around here except on the women. Do you see my point? Wear what you are comfortable with, but not conspicuous. Another thing that was the topic of conversation several years back, I believe over at the old TRC Forum was what are you comfortable wearing at work. IF your boss wears a Seiko, Citizen, Casio, would you be comfortable coming to work wearing a blinged out Rolex? Of course if you aren't troubled by things like being "Called out" about your watches, or risk the jealousy factor from co-worklers and bosses, then by all means wear what you want.If you happen to live in a smaller place like I do, wear off brand watches, and by that I mean everything except Rolex and Omega, because in high end watches, that's probably the only brands folks are familiar with.I have wore Panerai Reps and genuine Breitlings,Cronoswiss, Maurice Lacroix, IWC. UN,s, etc. for years and no one around here had a clue as to what they were. they could have been made by Timex as far as they knew.

Just my Dos centavos

Arthur

Thanks for your suggestion. I work in the banking field, all my colleagues have nice watches (iwc, pam, rolex, omega, HBB, etc) and I do have a gen IWC Portuguese Regulateur and a rep Hublot Big Bang. I want to get another watch, but undecided which to choose, either rolex submariner, Chopard Gran Turismo XL, one of the IWCs (i've read through the iwc thread but haven't found one that is very very accurate, any suggestions?).

Acutally is there any rep dress watch, simple, that is most accurate to the gen? i know the explorer is extremely accurate, but i dun really like them. I like the iwc 1936 or F.A Jones, but they are not very accurate. any recommendations?

Pick your brand and people can be helpful. On IWC there are a number of reps that will pass muster. And because IWC movements tend to be ETA based there are a number of excellent reps which (when you are bored and have a little extra money) you can often find a gen dial and/or hands. They take a little effort but can look great.

Thanks for your suggestion. I work in the banking field, all my colleagues have nice watches (iwc, pam, rolex, omega, HBB, etc) and I do have a gen IWC Portuguese Regulateur and a rep Hublot Big Bang. I want to get another watch, but undecided which to choose, either rolex submariner, Chopard Gran Turismo XL, one of the IWCs (i've read through the iwc thread but haven't found one that is very very accurate, any suggestions?).

Acutally is there any rep dress watch, simple, that is most accurate to the gen? i know the explorer is extremely accurate, but i dun really like them. I like the iwc 1936 or F.A Jones, but they are not very accurate. any recommendations?

I would suggest that the IWC 3717 is very, very accurate. If you feel that you need a greater level of accuracy then I really doubt if you should be buying a rep. ETA datewheels, a custom double AR and a The Zigmeister modded dial /genuine dial (in that order) will make it visually indistinguishable from a gen, but you will be doing this more for yourself than for anyone else's benefit. A Swiss 7750 or a genuine IWC movement won't be visible but will raise the quality factor to gen levels. Plenty of opportunity to improve or fine-tune a product which really is top-rate straight from the box.