When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Let's see your Rolex DateJust and Date!

Stephane

Nice! :)

Thanks :) I did consider re-working the dial so it only had the coronet at twelve, but in the end, I just couldn't be bothered to do it :whistling: I do still plan on doing another 'woody' with the rectangular luminous markers (as on the above dial) but the project's on hold for the moment, as I have other projects to do first :D

lol

Projects are what I need to get into - respect for doing the work yourself :tu:

Will look forward to seeing what comes next! :)

Nice! :)

lol

Projects are what I need to get into - respect for doing the work yourself :tu:

Will look forward to seeing what comes next! :)

Many thanks again :) Next off the line, will be a SouthAfrican MilSub, which I'll be donating as a forum giveaway :) I think there's two distinct approaches to projects: Building for a particular watch, and being as accurate as possible, and building simply for the pleasure of building :) I tend to lean more towards the latter approach :whistling: I can appreciate the effort which goes into a build such as by Freddy, Ubi and others, but it's not a level I strive to aspire to. As long as the watch comes out as I had in mind, I'm happy :victory:

ooooh, MilSub is pretty rare - I will keep an eye on the giveaways! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I think I agree with your approach to building. Unlike some lucky members, there's no way I could ever get a 100% accurate to gen build, so you might as well build something you like :)

It's not like anyone is likely to pick you up on it really - there's been so many variations of Rolexes that only a true WIS would be able to tell in the wild! :p

Thank you for being an inspiration though, I will undoubtedly bug you with questions when I finally set to work on one myself ;) lol :D

ooooh, MilSub is pretty rare - I will keep an eye on the giveaways! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Just to whet your appetite, this is the plan I'm going to be roughly following ;)

SAMilSub.jpg

Sadly, I can't get it Teflon coated, as per the gen, but I'm sure PVD will be acceptable :) As you say, it's pretty rare, so I figured it would be fun to create something not often seen, and hopefully, I'll be able to source the parts very easily :)

I think I agree with your approach to building. Unlike some lucky members, there's no way I could ever get a 100% accurate to gen build, so you might as well build something you like :)

It's not like anyone is likely to pick you up on it really - there's been so many variations of Rolexes that only a true WIS would be able to tell in the wild! :p

Thank you for being an inspiration though, I will undoubtedly bug you with questions when I finally set to work on one myself ;) lol :D

As you say, you might as well have something you like :) Much better to build something you want, rather than buying something and learning to like it, and you're quite right, out in the wild, only a true WIS is going to know, and chances are, if they know watches that well, they'd appreciate it for what it is, rather than some elitist gen owner who only knows what their watch cost :lol::victory: I think the Rolex line with the greatest 'flexibility' is probably the DateJust/DayDate, simply because there is so much variation across the range :)

Glad to be of inspiration, and if you do have any questions, I'll certainly do my best to answer them, although there are folks here who know way more than I do :)