When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Explorer 1 for a lady

highoeyazmuhudee

What do you guys think of an Explorer 1 for a lady? This lady in particular has a wrist circumfrence of 5 3/4" She doesnt want it to be too big on her wrist.

So who has the best Explorer, I've seen ones with the incorrect case ref engraving "114270" F serial and small clasp

and one from Josh with the full size clasp like on a sub and an R serial number

I'd assume anything with an F serial number is noobfactory quality.

any owners wanna chime in about their pieces.

There are smaller Explorer I's out there- like the old model 5500 from Rolex which was a 34mm case, basically an Air-King w/ the Explorer dial- usually marked Precision under the center. Powered by a 1520 movement typically. This is a smaller watch which might be nice for a lady. Air-Kings and Rolex Dates use the smaller 34mm case.

I am currently searching for an Air King, Explorer I, or possibly Milguass for my wife for Christmas. Probably will buy from watch eden if I can't find a pre-owed one on the forum. All are around 35-36mm which is large but not too large for ladies these days. And the best part is - I can wear it when she is not!

I'll second the Air King suggestion.

The dials are available in at least black, blue, and white. The original bar marker models have a reputation of being fairly accurate reps.

post-180-125962044253_thumb.jpg

For a lady, you might also consider a leather strap.

Carl