When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

2 steps closer to my completed 6538

pbdad

Jojo,

Your 6538 looks spectacular and is def an inspiration. That's why it means alot coming from you...

Thanks, the dial is a NDT dial that I aged myself.

I think I'd like to change my insert to the one like yours too.

I'd also like to change it to a superdome tall xrstl. What are your thoughts on it?

I know it's incorrect, but they look so darn cool.

Thanks, Freddy!

ah man, never noticed the '=' till you mentioned. Thanks alot... <_< ...;)

I think the white on the seconds hand was a tad overexposed in the pic. It's def much more subdued in life.

Do you have any suggestions to bring the brightness down more?

I wet sanded it already trying to tone it down, but I agree with you, it is a bit bright for a 50+ y/o watch.

can't wait to have you see the rest of it!

what did you think of the pearl? It's a yuki that I did a custom lume to.

ah man, never noticed the '=' till you mentioned. Thanks alot... <_< ...;)

Sorry, but that is 1 of the 1st things (like the missing long-tail 3 on rep Newman dials) I look for to ID a gen vs aftermarket Bond Sub dial. That is why I opted for the non-depth-rated dial for my 6536/1. Less is always more, especially when it comes to aftermarket dials (fewer things to get wrong).

I think the white on the seconds hand was a tad overexposed in the pic. It's def much more subdued in life.

Do you have any suggestions to bring the brightness down more?

I wet sanded it already trying to tone it down, but I agree with you, it is a bit bright for a 50+ y/o watch.

I would bake it for a bit in the middle of your oven at 500 degrees. The exact amount of time will depend on the look you are after. But I would think that 5+ minutes would be a start. Just be sure to situate the hand face-up so the paint on the top of the hand is not touching anything.

what did you think of the pearl? It's a yuki that I did a custom lume to.

Scrumptious. :good:

That is why I opted for the non-depth-rated dial for my 6536/1. Less is always more, especially when it comes to aftermarket dials (fewer things to get wrong).

Yeah, I almost went that route as well, but the big crown kept me in it's tracktor beams!

thanks again Freddy for the help. You and Jojo have made this worthwhile...