When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Another Doxa on the 'Bay

Nanuq

Here is a well and thoroughly "loved" Doxa, up for sale in (cough) less than "stellar" condition. It has, apparently, flooded in paint thinner, so much of the dial markings are gone. :g: Everything else looks good, except the bracelet end links are wrong, and the bracelet has apparently gone missing in the clasp region. Other than that, she's a stunner! Of course this is not unlike bringing home a lady of the streets to meet your mum, so tread lightly and with caution. I see lots of good reasons here to buy the poor thing, rescue it from its torment, send it to Jack at IWW, get a dial refinish, perhaps toss in another generic ETA movement, get the hands repainted and relumed, and get the guts of the clasp replaced, or else just put it on a strap.

Utterly lovely Doxa

In either case, you'll be saving a very pretty Syncron era SeaRambler from the trash heap. If it goes for cheap enough, I say go for it!

:tu:

This one is pretty beat up.Lord knows what happened to the dial!! looks like someone purposely stripped off all the Doxa logos, writing, etc. It's certainly a possibility if the price were low enough. The nice thing is the parts that are generally unobtanium are there, Case,Caseback Crown bezel, crystal. The dial can be either redone or a dial sourced. They are scarce, but they do come up on occasion. This could also be the start of an inspirational project, doing something completely different like Dr. Pete's Green Dialed "Irishstar" in his book.

PROJECTS ANYONE?

Arthur

Lani,

If you can get this one at a reasonable price, i would get it just for parts, but who knows it could be a really neat project. Get the dial refinished in a Hawaiian Motif and call it a Pearl Divingstar. or a HulaStar . It has a reasonable bezel (As vintage Doxas go) Case, crown, caseback, iffy bracelet, but they are repairable Would have to wonderif what ate the dial also ate the movement. I believe someone did this to the dial on purpose.

Goood Luck

Arthur

Lani,

If you can get this one at a reasonable price, i would get it just for parts, but who knows it could be a really neat project. Get the dial refinished in a Hawaiian Motif and call it a Pearl Divingstar. or a HulaStar . It has a reasonable bezel (As vintage Doxas go) Case, crown, caseback, iffy bracelet, but they are repairable Would have to wonderif what ate the dial also ate the movement. I believe someone did this to the dial on purpose.

Goood Luck

Arthur

My thought is a Royal Hawaiian coloured dial with something like one of these somewhere on the dial

a silhouette of free diver.. hawaiian style, there are cooler decals.. with ultra long fins..

buttonsbwhk.gif

or a dive He'e logo.. I can relate since diving for taco was my fave thing

5501hee.jpg

Or the Honu.. the sign of perseverance and prosperity.. this hold special spiritually sentiments for me..

5871808honutn.jpg

I was thinking mainly parts.. but today started visioning something more.. :)

AC/R