When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Riddle me this?

Anguz

Hey Gang,

I have something I have been wondering about...and it is this.

When yer out and about and someone notices your rep watch, do you try to pass it off as a gen or admit that it's a rep? I know most people aren't watch experts so they wouldn't know either way...

What do you think?

....Riddle me that. Who's afraid of the Rock n' Roll Bat!?!?

I was just talking about this with hackR!

I really don't care either way what people think of my watches, or anything I wear for that matter. I wear them for myself!!

If asked outright, I'll say it's a rep, I have nothing to be embarresed about!!

Sixx :bones:

+1

I would say the only time that it is worth lying, is if the person in question is being a twat and trying to make themself look big, but to be honest, I've never been in that situation. If anyone's interested, I just tell them I built the watch myself... No lies there :)

I will admit it when questioned but even with my Gens I say they are reps if asked, no point attracting attention!

Funny though when I do say it with a gen, the response has always been "yeah, thought so!!"

I second this approach... Honestly tho, the only way I can classify this question is low-class (unless it is among my good friends who know that I have an interest in both). But random people who walk up to people, like at a bar, and ask this question are either elitist snobs who think everyone is wearing a fake but them, or just someone with poor taste. :thumbdown:

My favorite is people who as my father this. He has a gold Presidential that he got as a retirement gift. He could buy something like that, but probably wouldn't. He tells everyone it is fake. He says "Why get robbed for it, just to make a point."

Swift Punch to the throat seems to shut them up and stop those pesky questions

I guess the bottom line is their are a lot of douche's out there and we should punch them in their respective throats? Nice. I will only pretend its gen to pretentious dic*s, perhaps industry folk, though that may be redundant... and women of course :drinks: a

Hey Gang,

I have something I have been wondering about...and it is this.

When yer out and about and someone notices your rep watch, do you try to pass it off as a gen or admit that it's a rep? I know most people aren't watch experts so they wouldn't know either way...

What do you think?

The reps I wear are so good that I'm proud to tell peeps they're reps. Whether they're a fan of reps or not, their eyes always widen as they grab it for a closer look. The next question is usually, "where can I get one?"

Swift Punch to the throat seems to shut them up and stop those pesky questions

:rofl:

99% of the watch conversations I stumble into "in the wild" end up with me thinking the person im talking to is a douchebag, beit an AD, coworker, guy standing in line next to me,suits, etc.Watchsmiths too, notoriously assholish. You'd think they would be happy to discuss something besides the best replacement battery for an Ironman.

Never been asked while I was out and about. I had my steelfish sitting on the counter at home and a friend picked it up and asked if it was fake I told him it was a replica and he said something about how he thought so and how he could tell by the back of it. I didn't bother pressing for details. just put it on my arm and headed out of the house.