When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Worried Newbie

Guest watchboy

Guest watchboy

I ordered my 1st Rep two weeks ago from a dealer who shall go nameless unless I continue not to hear from him soon. I was tracking the shipment and things were moving fine until it made through customs. Then it stopped..that was a week ago. DHL told me that the package was missing and gave me a confirmation #. The dealer up to that point was reassuring telling me that he could not insure the package but would replace it if it were lost. I sent him the confirmation number for the missing package 2 days ago and he has not responded.

I am starting to get a little nervous. All I read about is member reporting positive experiences with this dealer but it is disturbing that he will not contact me with a solution.

Any Advice from veterans?

Sorry to hear that your first rep buying experience is turning out soo badly. Just remember that the dealer is not really at fault here, DHL is. It’s their incompetence that lost the package, not the dealers. But, I do see where you are getting concerned when the dealer says he will replace it if lost, but then you get no correspondence.

It is quite possible that you have not heard from him yet as he is trying to track down the package with DHL. I would give him some more time and see what happens.

Jim (the guy from Craigslist!)

as far as the email bit, it could be as simple as that your dealer could just be busy. since the package is possibly lost/held up in customs/whatever there is nothing that really can be done right now but wait. it totally sucks, but that's what you are dealing with as of now.

best of luck

It will be difficult to prove the insured value.

Give the dealer more time; he is probably busy trying to locate it.

At the moment, there is probably nothing more for him to email than "yes, it is still lost" which you already know. So, just sit back and give it more time.

In the end, either the watch will be delivered in a couple of days or a few weeks, or it will be obvious it is never to be found and the dealer will reship.

Shipping problems is part of the business for our dealers. Sit back, trust them, and enjoy the watch when it or its replacement comes.

Good luck!

Of course the dealer could just be waiting a few more days to see if it turns up, after all once he sends a new watch he takes it in the hip pocket.

Best advice, don't fret leave it a week then if he has not contacted you send him another mail but I'm sure he doesn't want you constantly asking for the replacement while he is still trying to locate it himself.

Ken