When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Hublot King Power Black Magic is here

geo1nah2a

I had decided to get the King Power long before trying on the GEN. Got it from hont, my select dealer for the past few watches..

Flaws? A few, but I couldn't care less: There is no way we will see a foudroyant - split seconds chrono caliber in this price level, and there will always be details missing here and there.

What I am more interested in is the actual watch (not as a replication): it is big, but even lighter than my Corum AC (a titanium case). Wears smaller than the diameter suggests. The matte ceramic is stealth, tactical, and the red details make the display readable and focused. Clasp is lighter and is not digging in the wrist.

The impression you get from this watch is that it would feel right at home at a survival game or hunting expedition. Compared to it, the Big Bang looks like a dress watch, a prince watch! This is the King, the warrior King.

Here is a pic :)

IMG_2476-1.jpg

While ordering the KP I decided to order the sinn U1000, to add a bit more blackness to my collection. One more picture.

I will call this "Darth Vader meets the Stealth Diver"

IMG_2496-1.jpg

Very nice. :thumbsupsmileyanim: I like the King Power's style. How about a wrist shot of the two Hublots?

Thank you. I will try to add some more pics in the next few days :)

How's the clasp? Any improvement in comfort?

Still can't decide which Hublot will be my first...

The clasp is better in comfort than the BB. Mind you that out of my 3 BB, I only find one of them to have a clasp that digs into my wrist. (mildly so)

Go for a Big Bang first. 44mm size, closer to the GEN, and so many materials/styles to select from. The KP is a beast of a watch that you will appreciate more if it not your first Hublot.

It's all about taste, my wrist is 7,25 inch, and I think it wears to big.. so I sold it.

But what I can say is that it sure wears comfortable, and didn't feelt as a 48+ watch, it was the looks that made me sell it

Does it wear much bigger then the HBB? the strap fits better? i have problem whit the clasp on the regular HBB.

Looks great on your wrist, real cool stealth sophisticated look..

Cheers,

Dani

• 2 weeks later...

man this one is sick!!!

i love this pic!! and the watch.. what are the flaws on this one?? any comparsion pics :whistling: :whistling:

+1 Thats the first HB I really like!!

Knowing how Hublot had introduced the foudroyante into it's watches/movement shouldn't be that hard; it's simply a gear that's off the mainspring.

Now if the factories figure it out, that's beyond me. Having a seconds at 9 a7750 is way easier of a task than trying to figure out the King Power's foudroyante movement...but for the price, they should at least give it a shot.

The HBB KP All Black is growing on me...

Knowing how Hublot had introduced the foudroyante into it's watches/movement shouldn't be that hard; it's simply a gear that's off the mainspring.

Now if the factories figure it out, that's beyond me. Having a seconds at 9 a7750 is way easier of a task than trying to figure out the King Power's foudroyante movement...but for the price, they should at least give it a shot.

The HBB KP All Black is growing on me...

I wish this could be that easy. Unfortunately the foudroyant at 9 is a chrono display, not running (sub) seconds. The 7750 doesn't provide 8 beats to the chrono seconds (that could be geared to the dial@9). And I doubt that even the 4 beats would be able to move such a heavy mass/rotation. I guess it could be done by connecting to the mainspring and adding some clutch that would release the foudroyant simultaneously with the chrono start.. Good luck keeping all in sync and resetting.

And then the foudroyant is not the only complication of the King Power: It has a split seconds chrono, activated by pushing down the crown.

I have a better idea, let's just buy a genuine one, put it on a 1.000euro ticket raffle, and at least one of the 18 of us will be happy :D

:drinks: