When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Black Lume

Samurai

The only supplier I know that sells black lume is RC Tritec.

www.rctritec.ch

Here's an example of the lume in use...

1.jpg

212.jpg

3.jpg

Be forewarned, this is the most hateful lume to apply...remember playing on the beach as a kid, and making sand castles, this lume is the consistancy of the wet sand, it doesn't flow, and is very difficult to put down and achieve a nice finish, as you can see in my pics, it's ok, but certainly not some of my best workmanship.

There will probably be a sequel to the Stealth, "Stealth II, return of the black lume...", since I have another case with PVD ready to be put together... I'll probably do it up over the holiday season.

Now that will be really sweet, for sure!

Looking forward to your sequel, R! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Sweeeet, will look forward to the pics! :)

re: the OP, you can use the graphite trick on normal lume.

Take a pencil and grind the 'lead' against something so it ends up as powder. Then you can just mix it in with the lume to get a darker lume that still glows quite well :) I believe softer pencils are darker, but generally the more 'lead' you add the darker it will be!

Thanks Zigmeister. This is super cool. If u find it difficult to work with, I'll probably have the lume all over my face before I can get a drop of it on the dial :p

I'll probably have to send it your way soon, if you would be up to it sir.

Btw... Is there a red lume as well?

Sweeeet, will look forward to the pics! :)

re: the OP, you can use the graphite trick on normal lume.

Take a pencil and grind the 'lead' against something so it ends up as powder. Then you can just mix it in with the lume to get a darker lume that still glows quite well :) I believe softer pencils are darker, but generally the more 'lead' you add the darker it will be!

Yup, you can buy graphite powder, but just rubbing a pencil against a piece of sandpaper works just fine - and its cheaper. You don't need to spend a lot of money on exotic lume powders, graphite added to regular lume is as good as anything out there.