When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

leather on a PO go or no go :)

deniz21

hi guys yesterday i bougt a black UPO, and im thinking now to order a leather strap maybe black for it, but i dont know wich one would look real cool on it, or shud i buy a black rubber for it? is a omega clasp a must have when i wear it with leather :whistling:

do have some of you pics of the black PO with a leather strap? and can you post them :thumbsupsmileyanim:

i was searching but i didnt find that much :)

greetings deniz

I prefer leather, I think It gives the watch a classier look Imho. I have Breitling SA on a brown croc strap, drop dead gorgeous. :thumbsupsmileyanim: I dont think the size will be a Issue,at least thats what I told my girlfriend. :D Imo rubber takes the watch down a notch. Im not a big fan of rubber so thats JMO, good luck with your decision. :) Mike

hi mike :) i think the same way

and i find a nice one

http://www.waccex.de/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=745

on the watch

http://repgeek.com/showthread.php?t=78073

but i think its not easy to find a rep deployant buckle so i think i must go with a no name one :black_eye: :black_eye:

Well you know what they say about great minds :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I prefer leather, I think It gives the watch a classier look Imho. I have Breitling SA on a brown croc strap, drop dead gorgeous. :thumbsupsmileyanim: I dont think the size will be a Issue,at least thats what I told my girlfriend. :D Imo rubber takes the watch down a notch. Im not a big fan of rubber so thats JMO, good luck with your decision. :) Mike

LOL at girlfriend comment. :whistling::lol: :lol:

nice pics :) can i ask you, is your omega buckle gen or a rep?

one month ago i tried a po chrono with orange leather at a dealer and inmo it looked very cool size from watch with leather

It's a 42mm POrikka, the ~$100 Planet Ocean from Narikaa. They come on bracelet, but the strap and deployant are from him as well. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

when i put a leather on i need one with 22mm for the upo right? but how it gos with the springbars, do i need new ones or can i use them from the bracelet, and if not can someone tell me wich one i need? or is it fine with a normal standard 22mm springbar

thank you :)

My first rep was the PO crono (orange bezel) 42mm. I screwed the bracelet up by trying to remove the links from the lugs instead of the clasp, I know I know what can I say. I was new and knew nothing about sizing bracelets. Well the bracelet was ruined so I put the watch on a black leather strap that I found on the Bay for $30.00, not a bad strap at all for $$. The spring bars from the po work just fine for the swap. Taking the bracelet off the po was a huge "pita" and I dont mean that greek pocket bread :p . Im not kidding about removing the bracelet, It Is a bear. No problem using the spring bars for the change over :) Mike

I would say the PO is one of the most versatile watches around, and I love them, hence owning more than I have had hot dinners :) They look great on leather, rubber or bracelet in my opinion;

14012009263.jpg

On rubber;

P1000896.jpg

On Leather again

01052009439.jpg

and on the bracelet

P1010643.jpg

I know It's a personal thing but I love the PO on the bracelet. Something about that SS bracelet that I cant resist, nice pics, thanks :thumbsupsmileyanim:

The PO is very versatile, IMO. More so than a Sub, which can be worn on a NATO, and maybe leather, but never on rubber. :yuk:

tastes are very different but for me personaly i dont like the rubber too on the po, but hey you never know :) maybe if i had seen it life would say something differnt but on the pics i think so too, on a sinn or something of course but i dont like them on the breitling or omegas, there for i prefer leather or ss

bought the leather strap narikaa was selling a while ago and put it onto my 45mm PO

At first I was a bit dubious but its growing on me, like others have said in this thread its defo a very versatile watch, im just waiting on response now from VAC as I want to get it lumed up!