When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Looking to order a DSSD from EuroTimez? Look here first...

ThinkBachs

Someone had a DSSD for sale that they recently purchased from EuroTimez. He didn't have a photo available but did state that we could find photos of it on EuroTimez' site with the order number to find the exact one. Being curious, I went to take a look. The way to find a watch this way is to start at the home page, wait wait wait for the xml to load, then go down to orders and find the number. The watch looked pretty good. Being curious, I thought I'd take a look at the other orders while I was there. I was surprised to see how many DSSD photos there were. I was even more surprised (though I probably shouldn't have been) to see what a difference there was in the ring lock positions and some of the dates. Here's a small sampling of what I saw...

Let's start with a gen version for comparison:

1IMG_5844.jpg

Now, EuroTimez:

The date is kinda goofy on this one...

11.jpg

Yikes, look how far counter clockwise the E is on this one...

3.jpg

This looks really good- O right of 10, E right of 12, and K right of 6...

4.jpg

O and the E are good, but the K is way off...

5.jpg

O is way off, E fair, and K looks good...

6.jpg

O and E are good, K is way off...

8.jpg

Shifting this ring will help, but the end result will throw the K off...

9.jpg

One thing that concerns me about these ring locks is that they all seem to look as though they need to be removed and filled with black enamel then polished down to get that nice solid look that the gen has. It could just be the lighting, and may not be noticeable at normal size.

To be fair, there were some that looked really good to me, like this one below- who ever got this one got a VERY nice version!

great.jpg

This is a great service that EuroTimez provides it's customers and I highly recommend that you take advantage of it before having the watch shipped to you. Hope this helps someone out there! :)

That was one of the threads that I thought about when I was doing this. I'm not endorsing or trying to slam ETZ, I just wanted to point out the feature they had and how much of a variation there was in the ring lock engravings overall. I couldn't say if this is indicative of ETZ or a general issue for all sources. I think with the luck people have in general getting a watch that works, I'd be happier to get one that might need a movement replaced than one that didn't look right- kind of a lessor of two evils thing. For $400 though, I'd expect better quality control overall. Since there are no prices of information associated with these samples, there's no telling which one is $400 and which one might be in the $100 range...

Guest techlogik

AS you pointed out, and I have said in many threads...ETZ is all over the place with their DSSD. It is hit/miss. From slanted print, turned rehaut ring, sloppy bezel inserts, poor QC...it's a real crap shoot.